Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Native Blu-Ray movie playback in OSX!

iOS device syncing over wifi!

Pageup/pagedown key support!

Maximize button on windows!

Application uninstaller!

Built-in FTP!

my wishlist.. in order.. :rolleyes:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Can't wait for 10.7. I'm already getting kind of bored of 10.6 and I just got my Mac two weeks ago. I want 10.7 to be big though. Not something minor like 10.6. I also want to be able to run it as smoothly as 10.6. :eek:

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
This is nothing more then an HR recruiter getting a little excited about writing a job description. I would not read much into it.

PseudoRegister

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Florence, AZ
A Smaller Footprint?

Just idle speculation... How about a ground-up reengineering to reduce the footprint required by the OS in terms of memory, processing power, and storage? (This is what Microsoft has needed to do to Windows for years, but never got around to...) They could call it OS 10.7 Cub Leopard.

You mean something more like AmigaOS?

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
Something that has never been done before and will truly amaze everyone?

So what's truly amazing that's never been done before in an operating system?

If it's never been done before, I can't actually think of anything...

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I am curious as to the lack of a developer beta release. Up until now, Apple has released beta versions of OS X on a regular basis. Along with the rumor of OS X becoming iOS X, it seems Apple is becoming more interested in mobile OS's. A cloud based OS? Hmmmm.

reden

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Can't wait for 10.7. I'm already getting kind of bored of 10.6 and I just got my Mac two weeks ago. I want 10.7 to be big though. Not something minor like 10.6. I also want to be able to run it as smoothly as 10.6. :eek:

Let me get this straight, how do you get bored by an Operating System?

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
It seems like when Apple goes to implement some new amazing feature, that they would just hire internally, and fill the old "known" positions with outside people.

Unless they hope to hire some sort of really amazing talent from outside using that lure? Still...

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Everything Apple does is revolutionary. I'm still excited, but the buzz-word gets old.

How about, make an OS that is fully compatible with Windows programs, so you don't have to flip to boot camp or fusion or parallels every time you need to use something that requires Windows. Whenever someone is looking for a new computer, I tell them to get a Mac because I truly think its better. Then I have to explain that not everything is compatible, Office costs more on a Mac, and if you want to run programs built for Windows you have to pay around $50 for an emulator and up to $100 for a copy of Windows to run on it, on top of the higher cost of the Mac.

Being able to install software meant for Windows on a Mac with no other cost would be truly revolutionary. I know next to nothing about programming, though, so others will have to tell me how stupid this is.

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
Native Blu-Ray movie playback in OSX!
Wouldn't need to touch the core OS.

iOS device syncing over wifi!
This feature would just be added to iTunes

Pageup/pagedown key support!
Am I missing something. Pageup/pagedown??? I thought they always worked. Of course my keyboards don't have the keys so I use fn-UP Arrow and fn-Dwn Arrow

Maximize button on windows!
Please no, if you want Windows just use Windows 7 it is not that bad.

Application uninstaller!
That could be useful but hardly exciting and involving the core OS since many 3rd party application uninstallers exist.

Built-in FTP!
Already there.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Trash can? It's at the bottom left of your screen.

CleanMyMac is the best one I've used. It can be fine tuned to deleted universal binaries, extraneous files left over from uninstalled apps (.plist's, preference panes, receipts, etc), deletes user defined unnecessary application languages, manages plugins, etc. I've deleted about 10 GB's of my OS from streamlining it, and app's run faster (Safari IS snappier).

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
please god NO CLOUD OS

Why not? The could then name it...

..tadaaaaaaa...

CLOUDED LEOPARD
:D:D:D:D

On a more serious note, Clouded Leopards are really cool cats and have the longest Canine relative to the skull known. They look kind of cool...

...I'd take Clouded Leopard as a cool name. Tiger or Lion just seems so...BORING.

Maybe they fix Spotlight with this one and include Web-Search in it.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
the computer now can know what you are thinking and it will perform all tasks by u just thinking it this is the new iThink. And then it can also help You think with the same comadibility reversed.

Squareball

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Palo Alto, CA
iOS sidebar

Perhaps iOS will become a sidebar in OS X (rather than a dashboard) that way you can use your computer while at the same time us iOS apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.