Apple just pulled a good one all of you

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nora47, Apr 27, 2011.

1. nora47, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011

nora47 macrumors regular

Think about it. Iphone 4 released last summer, 6 months later vzw iphone 4 comes out, and now a couple months later the white iphone. I find it funny apple has capitalized so much by the timing of their releases. And i laugh at the people clamoring for a white iphone as honestly its just a novelty imho, all you people buying one tomorrow are pretty dumb for pushing your upgrade further back by taking part in apples game. BTW, i am not an apple basher or hater as i have a mbp, and iphone4.

Remember the South Park Episode on Mormons, anytime Joseph Smith said something stupid and the people believed him there was a song in the background going "dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb", that is what i hear right now for you all.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Is the view nice from the top of that soapbox?

3. Kupp macrumors regular

Well I am sure part of this is keeping the iPhone 4 a relevant device after it's successor goes on the market. However I do not think this is the entire story.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I tend to agree with the OP but its your money, spend it any way you'd like.
    With the next iphone months away I dont see myself getting into another 2 year agreement and not be able to get an upgrade when the next iphone is out. Or to go thru the trouble of selling my black i4, losing money in the process in order to get the same thing in white doesnt make much sense either.

5. Dubthedankest macrumors regular

... yeah man, especially those of us that lined up at the store last June to nab the 4 on the release date, then waited in the cold to snag the CDMA 4 this winter, now I've gotta pony up again for a white one... damn that Apple, got me everytime! I'll have spent over $1000 for what is essentially the same phone!

6. mltaylor macrumors regular

Great episode of South Park.

People that are buying the white iPhone, even though they already have a black one, understand they won't have the newest iPhone for long. My mom surprisingly wants an iPhone now (she doesn't need to wait for the next iteration) so I may give her my 32 gig black iPhone 4 and have her get the white one.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I always buy off contract and will do the same again this time. :rolleyes:

8. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

the thing i find the most ridiculous is there will be alot of people tomorrow who already have a perfectly good black iphone4 getting the white one, dont you guys got better things to do with your money? Instead of wasting it on a phone you essentially already have, why not maybe donate that money to a good cause, and not into a company that is worth billions and is starting to get scary with its big brother tactics.

9. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I agree too, personally I think it's pointless. But if people want to do that it's their money.

10. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Let them get a white iPhone and enjoy it, no need to bash them for it....

11. nora47, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011

nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

not necessarily bashing, just pointing out the obvious. :D

btw, do you people really think Apple only just now fixed the issue with the white iphone? My guess is they have had it fixed for months and they figured a way to capitalized on profits by stretching the hell out of the iphone4.

12. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Not everyone cares about having the latest and greatest. Tons of people still use the original iPhone. If they're upgrading to the iPhone 4, their previous phone was obviously not as good. So they'll enjoy it no matter what.

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You called them dumb and stupid. That's bashing, no matter how you slice it.

It's their money, let them spend it as they see fit.

14. Webecinya macrumors newbie

Contracts don't apply for those who pay straight retail $on.

15. iFiend macrumors 65816

He can't see beneath the giant tinfoil hat

16. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

No, I'm fairly certain its a phone... :rolleyes:

17. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That's nice. Come in here and command me to do things that you clearly never did.

No. I'm not gonna do your work for you. If you had thought about it beforehand then we could have avoided the whole thread to begin with.

18. nora47 thread starter macrumors regular

ahh i love all the bashers bashing on the truth.

19. iFiend macrumors 65816

Why didn't you give your money to charity instead of buying an iPhone 4 or a MBP?

20. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

And you care how others spend their money why?

21. iFiend macrumors 65816

This makes no sense

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What? The "truth" that all of us buy every Apple product that comes out?

I feel so ridiculous for even having to type this, but...that's not a true fact.

Seriously? We actually had to explain that to you? This may be the most ridiculous thread I've seen here all year.

23. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

He likes to listen to himself talk. The number of people who do what he's suggesting is fairly small. Same with those that make the argument about Android users. Somehow people think that every time HTC, or one of them come out with a new handset, everyone that owns one will run out and get the newest one. A small percentage of geeks will, but the majority will continue to use their original purchase.

I suspect that either his folks are still at work, and he's on their computer. Or, he's still in study hall...:D

24. kicko macrumors 65816

I personal think opinions of this nature tend to indicate the OP really feels the opposite of their statements.

25. Raska macrumors 6502

nora47, do you have nothing else better to do than attempt to personally involve yourself in the spending decisions of others? If you don't want to buy a white iPhone 4, that's fine, but others do, and calling them stupid for it is totally unacceptable. Like iFiend said, we can just as easily make fun of you for spending over $2000 on a computer and a phone, so people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.