Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrwMDvs

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
A taste of what's to come if they don't plan on including EarPods with the iPhone 12. I would also gladly pay an upcharge for AirPod pros.

PO2345

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
Houston
I wonder if the upgrade cost would just be the normal difference in price.

It is exactly that.
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 10.43.33 AM.png

dra3b

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2009
Is there any possibility that these offers would change to include a headphones option after the WWDC?

UbuntuFu

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
Although lower value ($159) I think brand new in box AirPods would be easier to sell than Beats headphones. In the past summers I would see listings for them flooded in the FB sale groups, but not really selling at the listed price.

Reactions: kltmom

coumerelli

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2003
state of confusion.
What if you already have Airpods?

Can you decline the gift and get a discount for the value if a pair of Airpods instead?

when you buy both together you get the price of the AirPods discounted. When you opt for AirPod pros you get the same discount as the regular AirPods. It's a bundle discount.

VPRunner

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2019
I personally am disappointed. I was specifically waiting for this sale to get a free pair of Beats Studio. I already have the iPods Pro but the Beats would have been a good fit for me as well.

dra3b

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2009
I personally am disappointed. I was specifically waiting for this sale to get a free pair of Beats Studio. I already have the iPods Pro but the Beats would have been a good fit for me as well.

Me too. I don't know if I should wait till the WWDC? Maybe they would modify the offers then after announcing the rumored Apple Headphones?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Me too. I don't know if I should wait till the WWDC? Maybe they would modify the offers then after announcing the rumored Apple Headphones?
I’m thinking if Apple wanted to do that, they would’ve held off releasing their back to school sale until after the WWDC keynote. The one thing Apple usually has on lockdown is their marketing strategy.

tegranjeet

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2019
Boulder, CO
Why would they give away headphones that don’t stay in when you workout? I guess these kids cannot complain when it is given away for free, but they should allow a student to upgrade to the airpod pros (so that there is an option to have the headphones stay in while working out)

Interestingly for me, the regular AirPods stay in even better than the Pro model when exercising. The Pros even fell out when cycling with a headband over them. Sweat seems to make the silicone slippery.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Lame. Would have preferred a pair of the new Solo Pros.
[automerge]1592238597[/automerge]
There is not a chance in hell of that happening.

Reactions: VPRunner

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
What if you already have Airpods?

Can you decline the gift and get a discount for the value if a pair of Airpods instead?
Don’t think Apple has ever let the add on value to be placed on the main purchase. Although, I think it would be easier than free Beats to sell and get some additional cash.

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Why would they give away headphones that don’t stay in when you workout? I guess these kids cannot complain when it is given away for free, but they should allow a student to upgrade to the airpod pros (so that there is an option to have the headphones stay in while working out)

Read the article. They allow the upgrade.

And don’t complain with your personal opinion regarding a highly subjective thing like fit. The regular AirPods stay in my ears for running but the pros do not. Just preference. And they give you and option.

• Disagree
Reactions: jknight8907
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.