Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has officially launched the Back to School promo for 2008.
If you’re a student, faculty, or staff member and you buy a Mac before September 15, you can get a free iPod touch or iPod nano. After all, isn’t college about seizing every opportunity?
Official list of Terms and Conditions (PDF) have been posted. The promotion runs from June 3rd to September 15th and provides a rebate of up to $299 for qualifying individuals who buy a Mac and an iPod Touch or iPod Nano.

Although they only list the MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac on the promo page, the terms and conditions specify that "All new Macintosh computers and the Configure-to-order versions of these products are eligible, except for Mac mini and 17” iMac".

Customers may purchase up an 8GB iPod Nano to receive a $199 rebate, or may purchase an 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB iPod Touch to receive up to a $299 rebate.

This is the most aggressive Back to School promotion that Apple has offered and should dramatically increase the installed base of iPod Touch users over the next few months.

Article Link

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
17" iMac? Some one needs to proof read and update verbiage from previous years. Or, let me say it, is there a new miniature iMac coming?:D

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I'll be waiting as long as possible for this promotion. I don't consider the current Penryn MacBooks to be much of an improvement over mine.

It looks like the redemption center is in Utah this year.

Comment

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
ooooooooooooh! i cant wait!!!! im getting another macbook because i want a smaller screen than my macbook pro....dnt mind another ipod maybe to sell or give as a gift.:)

Comment

nux

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2008
then, hopefully the offer will include Asia [East Asia] too. huhu. :rolleyes:

if not, then i have to contact my uncle to do so.
hohoho.. come on MBP!! :p

Comment

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
touch?

Who needs this when we will all get the new phone. Nothing that great and why purchase this just to have to get a rebate and then sell it off later. Not worth it. Here's to dual 2.7 MBPs by Sept.

Comment

kevinbal

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Storrs, CT
Who needs this when we will all get the new phone. Nothing that great and why purchase this just to have to get a rebate and then sell it off later. Not worth it. Here's to dual 2.7 MBPs by Sept.

Um, not everyone has AT&T. Believe it or not, millions of people still use Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and countless other small carriers. A free touch is a damn good deal ;)

Comment

ashgotti

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Is there anyway to apply this discount to the mac itself? I would love a loop hole to tkae $300 off the mac purchase

Comment

kevinbal

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Storrs, CT
Is there anyway to apply this discount to the mac itself? I would love a loop hole to tkae $300 off the mac purchase

No, the only way of getting around the mail in rebate is to be a resident of Connecticut or Rhode Island where it is an instant-rebate at the point of sale. They just reduce the price of the iPod to a penny and so there is no UPC to cut out or form to fill in correctly. Post it on craigslist and you could probably sell it that very day ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.