Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Link

Choose your Mac.
If you’re a college student or a faculty or staff member at any grade level and you buy a new Mac before September 8, you can get a free iPod touch.* No wonder they call these the best years of your life.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 163

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Due to the 2 year ATT (and other) contract requirements, I never expected an iPhone to be part of it.

Barbie

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2009
ocean
Apple UK starts its back-to-school promotion in July, ending early September in time for the release of newer iPods.

Barbie :)

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
You can use the promo towards any iPod, according to the terms & conditions:

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS09_TermsConditions-US_v2.pdf

REBATE AMOUNTS: The rebate amount, up to $229, is determined by the following table but will not exceed the list price of the iPod, excluding tax, on the U.S. Apple Online Store
(http://www.store.apple.com).
iPod Rebate Amount
iPod touch $229
iPod classic 120GB $229
iPod nano 16GB $199
iPod nano 8GB $149
iPod shuffle 4GB $79

Also found when buying a Mac on the online store, see picture below

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 137

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
The update to the white MacBook puts it in an interesting position. It's now (albeit marginally) faster than the base unibody MacBook. Seems like an odd move on Apple's part - if anything, I would have expected speed bumps on the unibodies and no change to the plastic.

Good news for those buying the white MB - especially at ~$800 if you sell the iPod. Bad news for those expecting the white to vanish and the unibodies to drop in price... looks like the plastic MB is here to stay for a while yet. I imagine this also means when the unibody is updated, the base will get at least a 2.13GHz processor.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Launches U.S. Back-to-School Promo, Does Not Include iPhone

Alongside today's minor update to its white MacBook, Apple announced the launch of its annual Back to School promo for U.S. education customers. This year's program offers rebates of up to $229 on the full line of iPods when purchased with a qualifying new Apple computer, which includes all Macs except the Mac mini.

093747-back_to_school.png

Both the Mac and iPod must be purchased at the same time on the same receipt, and purchases must be made either directly from Apple or at an Apple Authorized Campus Store. This year's program runs through September 8th, 2009.

This year's promotion had been rumored to extend to the 8 GB iPhone this year, but the claim did not come to fruition.

Apple is currently running a similar promotion in Canada, and typically offers such programs in a number of other countries later in the year.

Article Link: Apple Launches U.S. Back-to-School Promo, Does Not Include iPhone

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
These back to school promos are great.

I'm not in the market for another computer, but I did take advantage of the B2School promo a few years ago. Super cool.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
I received my mac just 28 days ago, any chance they would allow me the deal? It was an education store purchase (legit).

Your out of luck (From Apple's web site):
Q:If my Mac order ships prior to the promotion start date, but I receive it within the promotional period, will I qualify for the rebate?

A:If your computer was sold, shipped, and invoiced to you prior to the promotional period, it does not qualify for a rebate.

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
The update to the white MacBook puts it in an interesting position. It's now (albeit marginally) faster than the base unibody MacBook. Seems like an odd move on Apple's part - if anything, I would have expected speed bumps on the unibodies and no change to the plastic.

Good news for those buying the white MB - especially at ~$800 if you sell the iPod. Bad news for those expecting the white to vanish and the unibodies to drop in price... looks like the plastic MB is here to stay for a while yet. I imagine this also means when the unibody is updated, the base will get at least a 2.13GHz processor.

True, but first note that the White MacBook is still using slower speed, DDR2 memory. I'm not sure what exactly the difference is but it does bring the $1,299 model closer in specs.

Anyways, if I was given the choice of the $999 and $300 in cash or the $1,299 model, I'd choose the $1,299 model. The white design, which used to be sexy, pales in comparison to the aluminum MacBooks IMO. The aluminum unibody is much more sturdy and can last longer. I'd much rather have the multi-touch trackpad, and I'd rather have the LED display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.