Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
That logo means it is at least not bonded. Maybe they didn't write origin because they are sourcing from multiple locations. They also had to make it more durable and thinner due to MagSafe, so I still expect the cases to behave differently. How are your cases fitting in though?
It took me 5 separate Baltic Blue cases before I got one where the corners didn’t slip off

jakmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
Can’t decide between black and brown for my 12 mini.
Same here, was prepared to brown, but looked at this topic and it seems like iPhone 11 saddle brown cases aged worse compared to the previous years (don't know if materials have been changed or something?) Same can happen in 12 series, so I'm most probably going with black

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
I’m hoping for some nice Patina
B8E7356E-AF56-48BB-984B-7ADC8DE47C1D.jpeg

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Brown on Graphite looks so good this year! Not completely sold on this case yet. The edges around the screen are inconsistent (right side is taller than left) and it just seem like the 12 PM cases have a taller edge than the 12/Pro cases. I wish I still had my old 5s leather case to compare the fit.

Attachments

• 819A0ECC-109C-4ECB-91CB-94611E81B5BC.jpeg
    819A0ECC-109C-4ECB-91CB-94611E81B5BC.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 182

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Pic of a worn-in saddle brown leather case for iPhone 5s from Reddit- Just a reference point as to how the new cases with flat sides would wear with time.

Personal opinion - won't be going with saddle brown this time after seeing this pic, do not like the edge patina View attachment 1667618
It’s not the patina which bothers me and actually like it because every case wears differently so it’s unique in a way. It’s the buttons are too shiny. They should darken them similar to the way they did the camera ring knowing this case gets darker over time. To me the buttons look out of place after it begins to age.

nekron99

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2020
It’s not the patina which bothers me and actually like it because every case wears differently so it’s unique in a way. It’s the buttons are too shiny. They should darken them similar to the way they did the camera ring knowing this case gets darker over time. To me the buttons look out of place after it begins to age.
Brass hardware would be ?

Reactions: gjr74

StuartMoore

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2011
Scotland
Question for those recent 12 Pro Max leather case buyers...

To me, the plastic lip around the lens looks like it sticks out further.
Does that affect the case from being able to lay flat!?
That would bug the Sh*t out of me.

I'm glad it's flush on the 6.1" sized Pro I have!

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA

I dont have a pro max, but yes it will not lay flat.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

Yes it doesn't lie flat because the cameras on the Pro Max are much bigger and thicker. The raised lip is to protect the cameras when you lie the phone down.
Side shots of the 12P vs 12PM cases showing the lip difference.

tempImageimv3vI.png

AZSpinach

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
Just read through 135 pages and can't believe I've never considered the Apple Leather Case. I didn't realize how much or how well they patina. Only leather case I've had in the past was a baseball leather case that had genuine baseball stitching.

My eyes have been opened. Ordered both the Nomad Rugged and the Apple Leather (Saddle Brown) for a Graphite 12 PM. Excited to get my Patina on!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just read through 135 pages and can't believe I've never considered the Apple Leather Case. I didn't realize how much or how well they patina. Only leather case I've had in the past was a baseball leather case that had genuine baseball stitching.

My eyes have been opened. Ordered both the Nomad Rugged and the Apple Leather (Saddle Brown) for a Graphite 12 PM. Excited to get my Patina on!

Apple leather case in black goes well with graphite. Also, cheaper on Amazon.

Reactions: AZSpinach

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Looking forward to seeing how the 12 series cases age over time before going ahead and ordering another one. Have the black now but we know that won't really show much.

SLUN

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2020
I bought the Apple Clear Case, regret it, hate the way it becomes really slippery.

Going to replace this one as the Pacific Blue case looks way too nice to pass up.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.