Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
As jazzed as I am about this, if Apple doesn't include an SD card slot on the new MBP, I'll be at a loss of words. MacBook Pro. Without an SD card slot. I'm not about to buy a dongle just to get pictures and videos from my camera onto my laptop. Come on.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
LONG overdue. You know there's a problem when MacRumor's buyer's guide looks like this.

15s33ms.png

How does a computer company completely ignore it's top of the line Mac Pro for THREE years without updating it? It's honestly embarrassing. That said, I'm (im)patiently waiting for the new MacBook Pro updates.

devondundee

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
Has anyone heard anything about the pricing of the new MBPs? I'm hoping they're the same as the current models, but I'm afraid the new features may result in a price increase.

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
If it's gonna have 4 USB-C ports and a headphone jack only, than it absolutely won't deserve the "Pro" tag...

Everyone prepare for #USBGate, #SDCardGate, #MagSafeGate and #HDMIGate…
Why not? If they are Thunderbolt 3 ports then they will be compatible with everything the existing models work with. Maybe Apple will release a decent Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about the pricing of the new MBPs? I'm hoping they're the same as the current models, but I'm afraid the new features may result in a price increase.

If it'll be more expensive, then they'll keep the current gens and keep the pricing or drop it slightly. Similar to when they were fazing out the cMBPs with the rMBPs.

Creep89

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
How about your mind and wallet?

Wallet is ready since this years WWDC, my mind as well. I'm totally ready for a new 15" rMBP so that I can finally buy a second Dell P2715Q, my old 15" from 2013 can only drive one @ 60hz.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I am curious if Apple will kill the Mac Pro and Mac Mini. I can see them saying that because nobody purchases those anymore (due to the lack of updates.. Apple), then that is the reason why they will stop shipping those products.

They better not. The Mac Mini is was a great desktop to introduce people to OS X. Now if they get the base model with the 5400RPM drive, they'll just think Macs are crap, as it'll run appallingly.

I mainly want SSDs standard across the line. Maybe a new Xeon in the Mac Pro. Certainly some new dGPUs in the MP.

jwdsail

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
I'm waiting for a spec upgrade lol, everyone would flip out.

A spec upgrade w/o any of the gimmicky touch bar BS or removal of the MagSafe, headphone jack, SD slot, sounds perfect to me.

3-4 TB3/USB-C ports, SD slot, headphone jack, MagSafe, BTO options for 2TB SSD, 32GB ram, and God willing decent dGPU, and I'm happy.

Hell, go back to the non-retina 2012 form-factor with more serviceability/upgradability, and I'm running down main street naked, cheering!

apple.com/feedback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.