Apple Likely to Introduce iPad Pro and iPad Mini 4 at September 9 Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 2, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Along with unveiling the next-generation iPhones, the revamped Apple TV, and new Apple Watch Sport bands at its September 9 event, Apple is also likely planning to introduce the updated iPad mini 4 and the much-anticipated larger-screened iPad Pro, reports 9to5Mac.

While the event will see the debut of the 12.9-inch tablet, Apple does not plan to ship it until November, following late October pre-orders. A September introduction for new iPads is not in line with Apple's past iPad updates, which have come in October for several years running, but Apple may be introducing the iPad Pro several months early in order to give developers time to create apps for the new device.

Apple also plans to introduce the iPad mini 4, a significant update that brings the 7.9-inch tablet in line with the existing iPad Air 2. It appears the 9.7-inch iPad Air 2 may not be updated in 2015, with Apple instead focusing its attention on the iPad Pro and the iPad mini 4 and pushing the iPad Air 2 update back to 2016.

New Macs are also not expected to be included at Apple's September event, and with the iPads being debuted this month instead of next month, it's unclear if we will see two fall Apple events in 2015 as we have in past years.

Today's report warns that while Apple's plan is to unveil the iPad Pro at the September 9 event, the company could choose to delay its introduction until October.

In addition to a larger 12.9-inch display, the iPad Pro is expected to include an A9 processor, 2GB of RAM, a Force Touch-enabled stylus, and perhaps USB 3.0 ports that will support peripheral devices. The tablet will run iOS 9.1, an update to iOS 9 that will debut in November when the iPad Pro launches.

Article Link: Apple Likely to Introduce iPad Pro and iPad Mini 4 at September 9 Event

2. Goldfrapp, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Unless iPad Pro runs Mac OS, it does not deserve the "Pro" moniker.

3. cariacou macrumors 6502a

cariacou

4. k1121j macrumors 6502a

k1121j

5. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I don't think its likely at all. A separate event is always more fun to look forward to!

6. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

It's obviously going to be targeted to a different audience, where that price won't matter.

7. nezr macrumors regular

nezr

Ill be picking up a mini for the wife/baby

8. bushido Suspended

bushido

imagine everything but an apple tv gets released

9. MacFather macrumors 6502a

MacFather

10. Alex Moran macrumors member

for me this is now the only thing I care about. It seems like  tv Is nothing more than the same box with new ui and and Siri. Mark Gurman reported same ports (was hoping for USB for my HDD). iPhone 6s we know everything and il probably buy one ( not the 16gig).

So yeah as a person who draws a lot and makes lots of notes the iPad pro gets me excited for the event

11. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

2 brand new products in a single event? Unlikely.

12. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

As a person who reads tons of documentations/journal papers, 12inch is certainly nice to have.

13. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

You can call it iPad Plus if you'd like instead, but currently it would make very little sense to run OS X on any iPad. iOS and OS X are not interchangeable, they are designed for very different platforms and methods of input.

14. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

15. CXsjr macrumors regular

CXsjr

So, iPhones 6S, iPhone 6S+, new Apple TV, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, new keyboard, new magic mouse, new Watch sport bands .... anything else?

This will be an expensive month!

16. jdillings macrumors 68000

How long is this event going to last? Are they going to have anything left over to announce in October?

17. techguy9 macrumors 6502

techguy9

This event will be the most interesting to date.

18. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

3 Bears.....Too small....Too big....iPad Air 2 just right.

19. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

Says who? Simply following Microsoft on this one?

20. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Explains the larger venue. And if there are no more Mac announcements scheduled for the year it doesn't make sense to hold an event just for the iPad pro.

21. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

I need this device. I think it's likelier to be announced in October, but the sooner the better for me. It's going to revolutionise tablet computing and the way all of us think of the iPad experience.

22. wgnoyes, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

wgnoyes macrumors 6502

You can pay more than that now for an iPad air.

However, a stylus..... Steve Jobs is going to rise as a walker and come looking for brains!

23. mattburley7 macrumors 68040

no ipad air update? how are ipad sales going to get any better with ipad mini 4 and ipad pro update.. those sizes are too small or too big :(

24. SR71 macrumors 68000

Pumped for the iPad Pro. I had a feeling they'd announce it at the event instead of waiting. They did the same thing with the new MacBook. People didn't think it'd be out till May or June and boom it was announced early.

25. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Swatch owns that trademark now.

So, looks like Pro is finally happening. 6 more days and we shall find out!