Apple Logo Merchandise at Apple Stores?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ifoAppleStore.com reports that Apple will begin selling Apple-branded items in retail Apple Stores before the holiday season.

Expect to see golf shirts and balls, dress shirts, ties, socks, T-shirts, polos and other merchandise for sale at reasonable prices.
Years ago, Apple offered similar mail order items to customers through catalog and online sales, but this program has been long discontinued. Meanwhile, Apple has continued to sell Apple-branded gear at their Company Store in Cupertino, California. Interested customers have since resorted to eBay as well as 3rd party resellers for such merchandise.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
ugh... much as i love (and buy) Apple-branded merch, I don't see it being a good sale at the Apple Stores. Taking away floor/wallspace from products and marketing, giving it to a cluttered assortment of egotistical cheap clothes? Hopefully it's just like, an impulse tray of keychains by the checkout iMac or something.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I've been waiting for Apple to do this. I had actually been emailing about it.

Tacky?
I don't think so. Apple already gives 2 stickers with every ipod and I got 4 with my iMac.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
hmmm.... i thought that apple was already making merchandise..

i've been grabbing a lot of free little apple things from the compusa by my house

well so what if its a mouse-pad... its free.. :rolleyes:

PaZuZuPrime

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Santa Clara California
Hooray for the rest of you

Im lucky I live in Santa Clara Ca so I get to go the the Cupertino store when I want. Now if I could only get a tour of the Apple campus that would be great

Applespider

macrumors G4
They'll have to be careful to limit the range so as not to take away from the main Apple products - it takes a fair amount of space to display clothing properly with correct sizes etc I wonder whether it's the little eMac kids section that will disappear to allow it since it's usually the quietest spot in the stores.

Other 'premium' brands do it, so why not? Caps, keychains ;) and stocking-filler type stuff would be good though.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Phat_Pat said:
hmmm.... i thought that apple was already making merchandise..

i've been grabbing a lot of free little apple things from the compusa by my house

well so what if its a mouse-pad... its free.. :rolleyes:
No fair. I can only manage to get the demo DVD-Rs. :p How do you get the goods?

(I can't help but notice that the person that developed the widget logo drives a VW Bug. Same exact gauge.)

ajshades

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2005
It's called corp Id. people. Don't knock it.

Apple has established themselves again in the world with ipod, now if they do it even more with the APPLE LOGO think how far the company can go.

Apple already has the fastest growing computer market. They must be doing something right.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I think they ought to bag the idea of selling this stuff in their stores and just ad a link to buy the stuff on-line at their web store. I'd love to pick up some more Apple gear, but Cupertino is far away, and eBay and the online stores like redlightrunner and missingbite are pricey.

hehe, just slap the Apple logo on any item and suddenly the price goes up 35%.

alms

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2003
Boston
VictronApple

I'd love to get a new Apple-branded swiss army knife. It was my favorite, until that fateful day when I lost it to airline security.

PaZuZuPrime

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Santa Clara California
Taking up valuable retail space?

I dont know why people are complaining about some Apple logo wear taking up retail space for. Every Apple store that I have ever been in all the product is spread all over pretty spaciously. With a little product rearrangement there would be plenty of space for a few shirts and stuff.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Applespider said:
They'll have to be careful to limit the range so as not to take away from the main Apple products - it takes a fair amount of space to display clothing properly with correct sizes etc I wonder whether it's the little eMac kids section that will disappear to allow it since it's usually the quietest spot in the stores.

Other 'premium' brands do it, so why not? Caps, keychains ;) and stocking-filler type stuff would be good though.
Little items (pens, carabiners, keychains, etc.) might be cool, as long as they don't devote too much space to a display. Frankly, I think they ought to be giving that kind of stuff away as people leave the store, just to give them something to remind them of Apple Computer.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Cool...I can ge myself an iShirt! :D

What about those cool watches from Apple? Wonder if they will continue to sell them?