Hollis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Sony just recently updated their official PlayStation 3 website (http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/default.html) and when you go there it shows a picture of the PlayStation 3 along with a breif summary. But thats not all it really shows, if you refresh the page and look at the middle of the PlayStation 3, somthing appears and disappears for just a split second: An Apple Logo (http://www.team-md.com/upload/store/ps3.jpg.)

Anyone want to speculate about what this could possibly mean? And yes this is real, there really is an Apply logo on the PlayStation 3's website, go and visit for your self.

Hollis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Maybe it's a joke.. but Sony could get sued over just flashing an Apple logo on a system they have nothing to do with right?

Comment

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
Hollis said:
Maybe it's a joke.. but Sony could get sued over just flashing an Apple logo on a system they have nothing to do with right?

maybe they're trying to say, hey we've a PowerPC in here...just like the macs used to...

Comment

hikkiluver

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2006
Well apple has bluray support, as shown on sony's bluray page. And since the ps3 has bluray, mabey there will be some interactivity. Althoguh, I do not see the sign on the page

Comment

Hollis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
hikkiluver said:
Well apple has bluray support, as shown on sony's bluray page. And since the ps3 has bluray, mabey there will be some interactivity.

Maybe, I'm hoping for some OSX to PlayStation 3 connectivity like the 360 does with Windows Vista. Then I'd definatley pick up a Macbook/iMac with my PlayStation 3 this November.

Comment

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
That is really really odd I doubt any flash artist is stupid enough to do that as an easter egg and it lasted so long too. Interesting...

Comment

Tommyg117

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Woah, that is really strange. A few things it could mean: Maybe Apple will start supporting blu-ray drives in the new power mac/ Macbook Pro (wild speculation and wishful thinking, but it would be awesome for media storage!), Apple has something to do with the PS3 i.e. connectivity etc, or maybe its just a mac fan being funny. I hope its the first AND the second personally.

Comment

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Just so you "Apple are Blu-Ray" people know, as far as I remember, Apple are also backing HD-DVD

Comment

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
This needs to make it to Page 2, if not front page. Really freaking weird.

Comment

reallybigafro

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2005
wow

Wow, that's crazy...i can't see how this could go unnoticed???? Looks pretty deliberate to me!!! is this possible one of Sony's yet to be unvailed features???

Comment

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
It's undoubtedly supposed to be there... no way you can pass this off as a "It's just a flash blob that happens to be sort of aple shaped". I have no idea what to think.

Comment

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
pdpfilms said:
It's undoubtedly supposed to be there... no way you can pass this off as a "It's just a flash blob that happens to be sort of aple shaped". I have no idea what to think.

Could be an abnormally clever hacker lol

It's obviously put there intentionally, but put there intentionally and supposed to be there arent necessarily the same thing. But let's hope this means something big! It would be HUGE if Sony marketed PS3 as a PC replacement and it came preloaded with OSX.

Comment

reallybigafro

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2005
Chaszmyr said:
Could be an abnormally clever hacker lol

It's obviously put there intentionally, but put there intentionally and supposed to be there arent necessarily the same thing. But let's hope this means something big! It would be HUGE if Sony marketed PS3 as a PC replacement and it came preloaded with OSX.

Brilliant idea if sony was pulling it off!!!

Comment

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Apparantly that is the background video obtained when someone decompiled the Flash file:

http://web.mac.com/mouseh/streamvideo14.swf

Did Sony use the trial version of shake?

Looks like some stock Apple video with a PS3 slapped in front of the Apple watermark. I question the legality of this use ^_^ Coming from Sony, queen of the intellectual property zealots, it's hilarious.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.