Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Not in every case but u can get AppleCare over the phone. They do a diagnostic remotely. It's how I've added ac plus to my iPhones and ipads

baybridge

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
Just buy your device with an AMEX and they cover your for pretty much everything in regards to your purchase up to the price you paid for your device. That's for an additional year out side of the manufacturer's warranty. But if you break it and Apple replaces/fixes your phone and charge your for it. You just file a claim and get back that money and you have up to the total cost to recover from them if needed.

Screw these paid insurance policies from stores and manufacturers. All rip offs.

VISA also provides double manufacturer’s repair warranty. However, between AMEX and VISA, which one is better? Or they are all the same?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
VISA also provides double manufacturer’s repair warranty. However, between AMEX and VISA, which one is better? Or they are all the same?

That I'm not sure of. But Amex has been good to me in regards to repairs so I'll have to favor Amex. I've never filed a claim with Visa.

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
Apple Looks to Boost AppleCare+ Membership With New 60-Day Purchase Window

Or you can call up your home or auto insurance and ask if they provide Personal Article Policy which is usually a lot less that Apple Care. I was quoted $69/year and no deductible from my StateFarm agent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.