MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

032913-4600744570_a2417cd60f_o_500.jpg

We're not sure why Apple is having such a hard time holding on to these next generation iPhones, but a Vietnamese forum Taoviet.vn has posted more photos of the previously leaked 4th generation iPhone. They've posted a large gallery of shots making it clear that they have a unit in their possession. There seems to be little information posted, though the individual who submitted the images to us stated a Vietnamese businessman had bought it in the U.S. together with an iPad.

There are a few interesting aspects to these images that were not seen in the original leak. The case design is identical, but notably, the back shows that this is a 16GB model. The previous leak showed "XXGB" written on the back.

032738-4600747728_eba55a9e92_o_500.jpg

Next, it appears this unit actually has been turned on:

032835-iphone4g-taoviet-5.JPG_500.jpg

full size image
It appears to say "Inferno" on the screen with some text on the bottom that indicates the battery life is at 24%. It's hard to say, but it could represent some sort of firmware diagnostics that we have previously seen on prototype iPhone hardware.

Article Link: Apple Lost Another 4th Generation iPhone? New Photos of Prototype iPhone

MadMacxxx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Newport Beach, CA
With so many being produced over seas, it seems feasible that one or two of them might slip up.

*Edit* It was purchased by someone in the US...

Comment
Aug 26, 2008
I sure hope that guy is a left handed classical guitar player, or he needs nail clippers more than any kind of phone.

Comment

JRomero

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
Wow, the more I see this thing, the better looking it gets.

I wonder what is up with the Inferno thing, though.

Comment

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
This really is extremely strange. So.... SO unlike Apple. Nevertheless, I like the phone.

Comment

goldphinga

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
Makes me think this whole thing has been planned by Apple. An elaborate publicity stunt..:eek:

Comment

4np

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
The Netherlands
I sure hope that guy is a left handed classical guitar player, or he needs nail clippers more than any kind of phone.

My thoughts exactly! Especially if it's a guy I find it kind of scary :S One I had a colleague who had a really long nail on his pinky, and he used that to push the tabacco down while rolling a cigarette... We (both my male as well as my female colleagues) were constantly complaining about his really long nail and that he really ought to clip it off, but he just smiled and never did... Good on him then, with his scary long nail :S

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png
full size image
It appears to say "Inferno" on the screen with some text on the bottom that indicates the battery life is at 24%. It's hard to say, but it could represent some sort of firmware diagnostics that we have previously seen on prototype iPhone hardware.

Most likely this is a burn in test (it looks like below there is a button with the same fireball called BurnIn) of the LCD screen? Just leave it permanently on with that particular text on the bottom and the flame ball on top and see how long it takes for the LCD screen to burn in?

Burn-in is the process by which components of a system are exercised prior to being placed in service (and often, prior to the system being completely assembled from those components).
The intention is to detect those particular components that would fail as a result of the initial, high-failure rate portion of the bathtub curve of component reliability. If the burn-in period is made sufficiently long (and, perhaps, artificially stressful), the system can then be trusted to be mostly free of further early failures once the burn-in process is complete.

105712-Picture%203.jpg

Comment

NightFox

macrumors 68030
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Another One?

The rate this is going I can't wait till WWDC when Steve announces this, and half the audience hold up their 4Gs with a shout of "Already got one!"

Comment

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
The seams, and the aluminum strip make it look like a cheap Sony Ericsson phone ... I really hope they have a more unibody-esque design when it launches.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.