Apple May Announce 9.7-Inch 'iPad Pro 2' as Early as Next Week

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Bacillus macrumors 6502a

Bacillus

Things stayed in the pipeline so long that now they started to reproduce themselves ...

2. allanfries macrumors 6502

allanfries

Well, if an iPad mini with the latest pro specs makes an appearance, I think I would replace my old mini 2. Just sayin'

3. skippermonkey macrumors member

Days since Tim Cook said "we have great desktops in our pipeline" – 95 and counting...

4. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

I was going to get an iPad to plunk on my keyboard for midi work, but last time I looked there was no way to have it charging at the same time. How stupid.

5. MacDarcy macrumors 6502a

I seriously doubt Apple would quietly update the 9.7" iPad next week...and then a couple weeks later hold an event for a new iPad 10.5". That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. From all the rumors I've heard, I truly believe the "event" for the new iPads will be on April 4th. The announcement for this event should come next week. Then everyone can relax.

6. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

No, my friend. That is courage.

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Why does everyone here think that everything Apple does is apparently about them and them alone?

Apple is about to release a new iPad. I don't need a new ipad, therefore what Apple is about to do is useless! Never mind there are likely millions of other people out there waiting for a new iPad refresh!!!

8. Keenanryan14 macrumors member

Keenanryan14

The way apple chat talked tonight to me tonight it seems like the expect a new 9.7 inc iPad next week

Attached Files:

9. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Did I say it was?
    I was just sharing where my mind is at on this.

Maybe don't jump to such an aggressive accusation there?

The more overarching point here, as has been mentioned by many in this thread, is that Apple keeps spec bumping hardware, which is fine, but that is simply not what the iPad needs to gain more share and drive more sales. Software continues to be the part dragging behind.

The current iPad Pro's are total powerhouses...that basically get used at idle all the time due to the hamstrung and limited software that runs on the hardware.

They keep upgrading the engine and components on the "Ferrari" when really we need many more tracks and road to drive on.

10. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

11. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Please apple just do it! Give me the current pro with 4Gb ram and an A10x and I'll buy it!!!!

12. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Lol, they told you "we have no idea... we have no information that you don't have right now; check with us later" & you got: "NEW IPAD NEXT WEEK!!!"?
    You must be really really hard to communicate with!

13. vonrp macrumors newbie

So I've been doing Apple products as long as the next guy, ya know iPhones, Macs, MacBooks, and even iPad Air A7 (which still serves me well). But here's the thing: If you name something "Pro", isn't it supposed to do something professionally? I mean being able to attach a keyboard or a stylus, heck, any tablet can do this nowadays. But being able to run professional applications like PhotoShop, PremierePro, AutoCad, FinalCutX, DaVinciResolve, Illustrator etc? A better screen and a faster processor doesn't cut it. To attract real pros I suggest stepping up the game. Until then I'm quite happy with my four year old Pad Air that does Word and Excel, countless ho-hum apps, surfs the web and plays Amazon Prime - quite professionally - and then use other more advanced products, Apple or not, to satisfy my Pro Needs.

14. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Well, two of those are random made up names of products that don't exist and you have literally not the foggiest idea what they're going to use for naming convention on the new iPads sooooooooo........

15. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

In regards to the video featuring the new Apple Campus: I don't see where the runway strip will go?

16. jagooch macrumors regular

jagooch

There is a lot of meat to this article.

"Apple may release a new ipad next week, or later. "

Not many sites have this clear a vision of future events.

Plus, it's on the Internet, so it must be true.

17. Relentless Power macrumors G4

Relentless Power

None of these rumored websites have a clear vision of what Apple will do or won't do, because it hasn't been confirmed by Apple. These are all predictions generated by analysts. I don't Believe MacRumors has any more of a clear vision over any of the other reporting websites for Apple. It's just a matter what you choose to believe or not.

18. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

To be fair, he did get them to write that they should have more information for him by Monday for sure, so...

You don't seem a very happy person, btw. The current existing naming scheme is ridiculous and if they continue as they have done they will in fact have iPad Pro's, iPad Pro 2's, iPad Air 3's, iPad Air 2's, iPad mini 4's, and iPad mini 5's all selling at the same time. Add on the different screen sizes to the pro models and you get quite ridiculous.

19. jagooch macrumors regular

jagooch

Which site is that? Can you share the url?

20. monty77 macrumors 6502a

This is part of the 2 pronged master plan IMO

Step 1
    Have a limited line up of overpriced, underspecced hardware. Incrementally update and price the crap out of them, see what the market will take.

Step 2
    Do what Samsung does, have a device for literally every human being on the planet. Sizes, colours, storage. Fragment the crap out of it.

Step 1 + Step 2 = $$$$$$$$

What could possibly go wrong?

21. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Sometimes i get the impression apple users can be a tad vain and selfish....just a tad.... ;) image is everything, and that includes having the newest.

22. Jax44 macrumors 6502

Jax44

Easy, buy one of each and divide by two.

23. ventricle macrumors member

ventricle

Nice campus… adolescent trees are going into the garden. Apple can afford it. Unlike the Mac Pro.

24. Applebot1 macrumors 6502

Apple should just simplify the line up 3 screen sizes same specs. How hard is that?

25. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Quad mics and a speed bump are two things I'm not that interested in. I've never really felt the 9.7 was lacking in power..?

If they bumped the RAM it'd be a bit better.. But if this is what they do with it I don't see anyone rushing to upgrade yet.

Still seems weird though that they might end up with so many sizes.