Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RockSpider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
This made me laugh so hard, but I'm sure the joke will be lost on most people here.

I know right, I nearly peed a little. You're right the fanboys just won't get it. It's not about the money folks, we just want all the loving we can get.

I don't know why I buy Apple stuff, the way Timothy and his bunch of Peter Pans talk make me sick.

Reactions: duffman9000

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
Amazon doesn't allow anyone else to sell or publish books on a Kindle, so I'm not sure what your point is? Amazon's Kindle platform is completely closed and locked down, much more so than iOS (on which you can read Kindle books).

Also, publishers insist that iBooks have DRM, not Apple. Books also have DRM on Kindle. So again, not sure what your point is.

I wouldn't totally rule out iBooks for Android in the future, but Apple probably doesn't make enough money from books for it to be worth the effort and development. They're doing this because they think they can make money, not as an act of generosity to Android users. (Same reason why Amazon makes a Kindle app for iOS - it will help them sell more books).

You're missing the point.

Digital books from Amazon can be read on Amazon devices and Apple devices, as well as devices from many other companies.

Books from Apple can only be read on Apple devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: navaira

gijoeinla

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
What irritates me is that I _Trusted Apple_ bought some iBooks...
Only to have them disappear, much to my disbelief just one week after the purchase.
When speaking to Apple I learned it was all MY FAULT! They were right!
I failed to read the terms of service close enough. They have the right to pull content at their discretion. :eek:

Gee so does Netflix, Amazon, etc etc etc. welcome to the world of "renting" content.

I know I know. You bought it. I get that. But the CONTENT companies don't see it that way.

Nothing to do with Apple. Your crying at the wrong door

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
So Eddy Cue wants us to be able to listen to music no matter where we are and what product we use.

Can I read my iBooks on a Kindle or non-Apple product? No, because they have DRM.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Eddy Cue.
This is what confuses the hell out of me. iTunes is available on windows, so apple can sell media to everyone right? Make more money from having a larger pool of customers. Why isn't iBooks included in that? Doesn't it not make any sense at all why i can buy a movie with my windows computer and watch it on there, but i can't read any of my ibooks on another platform? You'd think they would want more customers buying more of their stuff. Not having itunes on android severely limits the amount of people buying stuff from apple.

Rlq1667

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2015
Panama
On non-standardised hardware, and a fragmented platform that they've openly laughed about during so many keynotes? Not likely.

They can't even get a vaguely streamlined experience on their own hardware. God forbid they'd get anywhere on Android.
It does run better

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
It seems to run a little smoother on my galaxy s6 compared to how it runs on my iPhone 6. I haven't started the free trial yet though as I've still got two months left on my google play music trial. So I cannot comment on playback etc.

A nice addition in the settings is that you can choose the size of the cache, from 0 up to 1GB.

Also the radio tab doesn't seem to load. I just get a spinning circle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447202478.304916.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447202491.107744.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447202500.479393.jpg

Aidyn's X

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Yet strangely enough, Amazon, Google and Microsoft offer apps to play back content from their stores on other platforms, including Apple's. Only Apple doesn't.

Where's the Amazon Prime app on the new Apple TV?

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Gee so does Netflix, Amazon, etc etc etc. welcome to the world of "renting" content.

I know I know. You bought it. I get that. But the CONTENT companies don't see it that way.

Nothing to do with Apple. Your crying at the wrong door
Funny... I have hundreds of Amazon Books, never had a problem.

Frankly I don't give a flip over losing a few bucks on the Apple Books.
Bought four, Apple took two back.
That was nothing more than a friendly reminder that Amazon is far superior.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I am using it on my Edge+ right now. I have my 6 Plus beside me as well, and funny thing is, the interface on the Android app is easiest to navigate than the Apple one. Really, Apple? This reminds me how the Hangouts app is better on iOS than Android. Lol.

zosokm

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
A lot of countries like India don't have google music and spotify so apple would be the first major streaming music service. Apple music in India is a great deal (its less than 2 dollars a month !) but on very expensive hardware (iPhone 6s is close to 300$ more expensive than the US). Would be great for many users to get it on android and avail a great service on much cheaper hardware.

tresmith

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
"All of Apple's Android apps have come in the last few months, signaling its willingness to expand beyond the iOS ecosystem for the first time."

No..."signaling that maybe the iphone has reached market saturation."

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Where is the Apple TV 3 update?

For those users who keep thinking that Apple music will be on 3rd ...it won't ..... get a 4th gen Apple TV is u want Apple music.

Apple never hinted on a 3rd gen update specifically, only an Apple TV update which implies the 4th gen only, which we have already. also the fact Apple has not updated the 3rd in a while proves this.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I wonder why in the picture in the OP the galaxy has onscreen buttons. I mean the exact same buttons are right below it...

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I wonder why in the picture in the OP the galaxy has onscreen buttons. I mean the exact same buttons are right below it...
It seems as though they have just photoshoped a screen capture from a different device onto the S6.

I have a galaxy S6 and the onscreen buttons are definitely not there.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
It seems as though they have just photoshoped a screen capture from a different device onto the S6.

I have a galaxy S6 and the onscreen buttons are definitely not there.

Yeah that's what would imagine. I have an HTC One M8 and a Galaxy S4 and I only get onscreen buttons on the HTC. Granted I don't use Apple Music, but it would make sense to be like that. In fact, the S4 still has a physical menu button so it's generally missing as an on screen button on the S4.

RockSpider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
It seems to run a little smoother on my galaxy s6 compared to how it runs on my iPhone 6. I haven't started the free trial yet though as I've still got two months left on my google play music trial. So I cannot comment on playback etc.

A nice addition in the settings is that you can choose the size of the cache, from 0 up to 1GB.

Also the radio tab doesn't seem to load. I just get a spinning circle.

View attachment 599182

View attachment 599183

View attachment 599184

Radio works well on my HTC M8, the whole thing works pretty well, Apple probably didn't want to look too stupid on Android so they spent more time and money getting it right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.