Apple Music is 'Distractingly Good' for Taylor Swift in New Ad

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Keirasplace macrumors 601

Considering the last 3 commercials have all had a positive response, including this one (from what I see), not sure what your talking about.

2. RickInHouston macrumors 65816

I'm surprised that guy with the beard isn't in it. Gotta keep up that image!

3. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

I'm not going to lie, I've almost slipped before when a really good song came on the treadmill.

4. apolloa macrumors G4

Did Apple write her a blank cheque or something after she slated them? It seems so with her change in attitude.

5. Keirasplace macrumors 601

Or that people change opinion, especially when they're concerns are addressed.

She's by all measure, a pretty savvy business women (these days, all major artists need to be), so her letter was not personal, it was business. Once she got what she wanted (and by extension all other artists too), she moved on.

If Apple is able to do business with Samsung, and they are, not sure why her working Apple would demonstrate anything beyond she's using Apple for self-promotion, which is what she should do.

6. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I noticed a lack of apple watch advertising recently...

7. scaredpoet, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Hardly.

Holding grudges is bad business. Grandstanding to get what you want is good business, when you have a base you can appeal to. This happens all the time. Ever notice that when a cable/satellite company is renegotiating a deal with a broadcast network, there's all this rhetoric from both sides about how evil the other side is and how you should stop giving business to X company? And yet, what ultimately happens is, they hammer out a deal and then everyone is on good terms again, until the next contract rolls around.

Taylor Swift, or her people, didn't like the terms they were going to get, but also saw an opportunity. So they engineered a publicity stunt, but it was unilateral. The aim was to make Apple the bad guy they didn't change their behavior, while Taylor was the sweet innocent victim in all this. She/they wanted better terms. So the game was played, Apple responded, a deal that both sides could live with was hammered out, and everyone is BFFs.

Contrast Adele: doesn't like streaming, didn't care for the opportunity, did not play the game. No deal was hammered out. Her album sold astronomical numbers anyway. Would streaming have changed the outcome for better or worse? We may never know for sure, though it turned out just fine for Taylor Swift.

8. mjs402 macrumors 6502

It seems like Apple has been pulling an April fools all of 2016. When will it end? When will we get updated Macs?

9. JohnnyCanadian macrumors newbie

JohnnyCanadian

Good lord, Apple's ads have fallen from greatness (1984, Silhouette) to clever & effective (Mac vs. PC) to downright awful (this one). I can see how this might appeal to middle-school children or pop-culture-obsessed individuals with stunted emotional growth, but as an ad this is terrible.

10. big-ted macrumors regular

big-ted

Not sure if I should sign up for Apple Music if its going to cause me to have an accident

11. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Ummmmm…those are two different people……

AT&T girl is Milana Vayntrub.

Orbit gum girl (current) is Farris Patton.

12. knemonic macrumors 6502a

My fiancé always has tons of makeup when she runs.

Also, it's so obvious the stunt double swap in and out.

13. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

April fools, right? She just looks so . . . fake.

14. Kaibelf macrumors 68020

Kaibelf

Probably in a few months when they usually update Macs.

15. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

Yes, it's a story of hit and miss. I'm interested to know if they are all done by the same agency and who was involved in their scripting and production.

16. LCPepper macrumors 6502

LCPepper

Bit awkward for her, seen as she like a Hater Hater Hater on streaming services.

It's not about the money money money... Oh wait. Wrong artist haha.

17. Doomtomb macrumors 6502

Doomtomb

18. Keirasplace macrumors 601

It's a commercial, so you're not forced to watch it, unless you're in a Clockwork Orange scenario....
    If that's the case, then you got some other issues to deal with.

I watched it voluntarily and I laughed of my own volition, others may not and I'm ok with that too.

19. NormChuck macrumors newbie

NormChuck

20. Squeak825 macrumors 6502

Man, I am not seeing it. There doesn't appear to be any cut at all, and it looks like it is really here hitting the deck.

21. Mums Suspended

Mums

See - sometimes it IS a conspiracy.

22. nazaar macrumors 6502a

nazaar

Both for me. And quite honestly I don't care for her or her music.

23. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

good advert and quite funny.

haters gonna hate hate hate :cool:

24. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

No... SIRI will when you try to use her and drive. :D

P.S. I like SIRI 90% of the time... but the 10% is very frustrating.

25. Keirasplace macrumors 601

Yeah, doing a swap would need some blocking, unless they were able to stitch two takes together and CGI'd the transition, which would make something very simple much more complex and expensive to do.
    Not impossible they spent money like that, but improbable.

It's really not that dangerous to do this thing if you''re doing it on purpose and not falling down by accident.
    Keeping the back legs in the air is probably the only thing you have to do not to hurt yourself.
    The speed also wasn't that high. The end of the video might even have been sped up to make it look faster (I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case).