Apple Music is 'Distractingly Good' for Taylor Swift in New Ad

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
She's worth around $250 million and has won a lot of awards and has a lot of fans! She must be doing something right!!

Not necessarily. The reason we are plagued by "singer songwriters" is because there's no competition now. Back in the day. Supergroups and musicianship ruled the music world. We have reaped what we have sown. In the UK we are 'blessed' with the likes of Ed Sheeran. Sam Smith. Adele. Etc. How things have changed ... Topically we now had a recent "tribute" concert to the late David Bowie. He must be turning in his grave the poor bloke. It's a like a drunken pub karaoke. Awful. But. Does that mean because they sold loads of tickets it was any good? There's an expression. "Eat S**t. 10000,0000 flies can't be wrong!" :p

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
Not necessarily. The reason we are plagued by "singer songwriters" is because there's no competition now. Back in the day. Supergroups and musicianship ruled the music world. We have reaped what we have sown. In the UK we are 'blessed' with the likes of Ed Sheeran. Sam Smith. Adele. Etc. How things have changed ... Topically we now had a recent "tribute" concert to the late David Bowie. He must be turning in his grave the poor bloke. It's a like a drunken pub karaoke. Awful. But. Does that mean because they sold loads of tickets it was any good? There's an expression. "Eat S**t. 10000,0000 flies can't be wrong!" :p
I too live in the UK, Ed Sheeran and Adel are both great singers, I also have to say that Taylor Swift can sing, my girlfriend is a BIG Taylor Swift fan so I've sat through concerts and live TV appearances such as the Brits and so on, I may not be a big fan myself but I have to give credit where credit is due and the woman can sing, I've heard a lot worse such as the idiots from The X Factor! I do prefer Ed Sheeran's songs tho.

kodos

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2010
This is probably what would have resulted if Homer Simpson spent 10 minutes pitching an ad to Apple. I have no desire for the product that they are pitching. Apple ads usually invoke some sort of desire for the product - this one is just a badly done attempt at comedy... or something.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
True but its kinda over doing with her in so many news in relate to Apple Music stuff.
She's a big star in the music world who is very popular so Apple are not going to turn her away. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in more Apple Music ads or exclusive content.

JGIGS

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Taylor Swift doing all her own stunts, ladies and gentlemen!

That said, I do enjoy Apple Music quite a lot.
As someone who has been very critical of Apple since ios7 I have to say that since I've started using apple music that in general I've prefered it over Google play music (which I will probably cancel my current subscription) and spotify (though I haven't used it lately). I like that apple still has the 5 star rating system no limits on the amount of songs in a playlist and most importantly smartlists. Since ios 9.3 its also seems to sync songs you add much quicker to downloaded playlist on devices as well and I also like that they now star the popular songs on albums very handy especially if it's an artist that you only want the hit songs from. Yes the app could be cleaner but it's still functional enough. The big pay off is if you are an ios device user is the siri integration.

Overall been pleased and I'm sure it's only going to get better! Apple really needs to start building some web based apps though.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
Lol, glad to see I'm not the only one that's not really impressed by her looks...

I mean; I am neither rich, nor (exceptionally) handsome- but I think my girl is more stunningly beautiful than that, by a magnitude of at least ten!
I'm sure she's devastated to hear that, in between piling money with a shovel into the G6 ;-).

She's got a model build (Not VS model, more like catwalk model), probably because she's quite tall 5 foot 10 and wear clothes quite well.

She's not the prettiest thing ever, but I she's attractive and like her style.
I'm a 6 foot tall, 48 year old mom who still plays pickup basketball every weekend, same weekend I go to formal cocktails, so I'm not exactly typical myself.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
But then it becomes a 2 minute Samsung ad and you're left figuring out why you wasted your time watching the entire thing.

Well that was a bit of a strange one, but an interesting and smart marketing tactic to have the spokesperson themselves release it through social media. Funny how she went from boycotting Apple Music to becoming the poster child. As for the ad itself, I feel like it was a little unbalanced. She got into the music a little too fast for it to feel realistic. A slower buildup to her getting into it and going wild with her gestures would have been more appropriate before she had her spill.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
hah! i would never have guessed that was the same girl :p
Not the same girl. I meant to type 'here' instead of 'her'. Fixed my original post.
[doublepost=1459534659][/doublepost]
Hate to break it to you, but she is engaged.
So, she's still available. :)

My dad wooed my mom when she was engaged to someone else, and she dumped the other guy to be with my dad.

satchmo

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I'm not a TS fan, but I do respect artists who can write and sing. Again, she's not my cup of tea, but before people (not you), spew hatred, they might want to look in the mirror and ask, can I do any better?
There will always be comparisons to past greats, but props to her for making a very good living.

ReneR

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Berlin, Germany
surely not based on $$$ on her bank account, ... the newApple is for boozos
I am thankful to have experience the days when Apple as the perfected Next ecosystem ;-)