Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Understood, but some of that media take the frantic inaccurate narrative of what they perceive to be "American News" from CNN International which most Americans laugh at. If you spent anytime in the US you will find it's not the "racist Wild West" as they portray to lead their leftest agenda. Glad to see the Brits (my ancestors countries) got smart last week & are headed to Brexit! Cheers!
Major news services worldwide have bureaus in places like DC and New York. Also, I've spent plenty of time in the US, from true blue Massachusetts, to deep red South Carolina.

Reactions: That70sGAdawg

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
I have a Journalism degree from the 3rd ranked Journalism college in the US. However, Journalism (in 1979 when I got my degree) is not in the same universe of todays "journalist" with "gottcha" questions & agendas on both sides. It makes me literally ill...
I’m of a much younger generation and everyone I know treats MSM as a joke, we get most of our news from a mix of websites, headlines and YouTube.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
Good. As long as it isn't right wing fascist propaganda from Fox, I support it. Trump thinks any news that isn't supportive of him is Fake News, that is an extremely dangerous place for our society to head. I don't have an issue with conservative values, but blatant lies, racism, and propaganda from Fox is where I draw the line.
That's all well and good as long as you also draw the line with the blatant lies and propaganda of left or left-leaning news sources as well (e.g., CNN, MSNBC, Daily KOS, Huffington Post, New Republic, AlterNet, Palmer Report).

Reactions: user_xyz

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Didn’t ABC news just get busted For fake war footage shot at a range in Kentucky?

state run media.

I have found it helps to read news only, and then throw out all the adjectives. It is amazing how little actual information gets reported and how much is opinion.

aren’t journalists supposed to be objective?

Depends, reporters are supposed to be objective. Journalist just report what they are given. Look up the definition. While reporters are considered journalists, journalists in general are not considered reporters.

Most major media outlets have no reporters any more. As the media companies lost readers they fired all of their reporters. Why? Because they did not need them. Why? Because to create clicks they do not need the truth or a complicated story, all they need is divisiveness, shock, and bold short headlines. These last three characteristics of stories do not play well with the truth and the political bias of the journalists.

Reactions: user_xyz and MacNeb

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I guess you have no clue what “far left” is. Here (Germany) even the democrats would be considered as conservative or slightly right.

I don't think that most people realize the difference in viewpoints.
[automerge]1576517334[/automerge]
Great. Now do the same for Chinese politics. Whoopsie.

Does this mean that the Chinese will have an undue influence on the 2020 elections (through Tim Cook) :) ?

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
The question is who is going to be the democratic frontrunner? 11 months to go and still not a clue from all these analysts and shills. What a sad state of disarray the party (and their media accolades) are in, overconfident for reasons no one can possibly fathom.

it's looking more like Hillary every day, who hasn't even been running up until now

I think its reasonably safe to assume we're going to get orange man: the sequel term. reeee

There's nothing wrong with having the voters decide the candidate, not sure why you're so opposed to the idea.

Reactions: user_xyz

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
Kindly, don't put words in my mouth. It's empathically lame

thanks!

You clearly want "analysts", "shills", the "party", and the "media" to decide almost a year before the election. Again, there's nothing wrong with the voters deciding.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
You clearly want "analysts", "shills", the "party", and the "media" to decide almost a year before the election. Again, there's nothing wrong with the voters deciding.

And you clearly don't understand that "analysts" "shills" and the "media" determine the candidate in the end. For example- If they don't want someone to be candidate, as is the case with Tulsi, they aren't going to be no matter how much support there is.

Donald Trump was an anomaly that they severely underestimated.

Look at them trying to impeach the duly elected president as we speak, too. For ever changing reasons that don't have any evidence except: we don't like you being in the White House. and now, we can't beat you (in 2020)

There are also plenty of public officials we simply never elected. They were financed and propped up by certain nefarious actors I won't mention because I will be lambasted as a conspiracy theorist.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
And you clearly don't understand that "analysts" "shills" and the "media" determine the candidate in the end. For example- If they don't want someone to be candidate, as is the case with Tulsi, they aren't going to be no matter how much support there is.

Donald Trump was an anomaly that they severely underestimated.

Look at them trying to impeach the duly elected president as we speak, too. For ever changing reasons that don't have any evidence except: we don't like you being in the White House. and now, we can't beat you (in 2020)

Nice try trying to change the topic. Going to bring up Clinton again too?

The fact remains that the voters, not someone else, choosing the candidate is a good thing.

Reactions: bigandtasty

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Nice try trying to change the topic. Going to bring up Clinton again too?

The fact remains that the voters, not someone else, choosing the candidate is a good thing.

I'm staying on topic, directly addressing what you brought up that people elect the candidate when I would argue they certainly have some say, but aren't as in control as they like to think they are.

...but thats what you ideologues do when you cannot articulate yourself or rebut, and when I have fair points, you write it off as off topic or conspiracy theory or evidence less or otherwise. It's all so painfully predictable.

Not to worry though for Im now done speaking with you. Why? Because I don't futilely engage with child like behavior repeatedly. Find someone else to amuse you because you aren't actually looking to have a conversation

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
As opposed to Breitbart and Fox, those bastions of fact-based news reporting integrity?
Have you watched any of Fox's non-opinion content?

I happen to think all the cable networks are trash, Fox included for the most part, but I bet half the little commies on this board have never watched an episode of Fox's straight news segments, especially nothing with Chris Wallace.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
I'm staying on topic, directly addressing what you brought up that people elect the candidate when I would argue they certainly have some say, but aren't as in control as they like to think they are.

...but thats what you ideologues do when you cannot articulate yourself or rebut, and when I have fair points, you write it off as off topic or conspiracy theory or otherwise.

Not to worry though for Im now done speaking with you. Why? Because I don't futilely engage with child like behavior repeatedly. Find someone else to amuse you

How is whining about Trump's impeachment on topic? But go ahead, call me a child instead of answering.

The fact remains, you may see a field of candidates as a sign of "disarray", but voting hasn't even begun yet.

Reactions: bigandtasty

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
How is whining about Trump's impeachment on topic? But go ahead, call me a child instead of answering.

The fact remains, you may see a field of candidates as a sign of "disarray", but voting hasn't even begun yet.

Because he was elected by Americans because what Hillary was offering (and by extension the Democratic Party, and President Obama at the time on the road campaigning for her at length) wasn't competitive, but you're so out of touch you have to blame it on Russia actors when the media has dropped that gas lighting act. Mueller looked like a petulant washed up old man during the hearings, unfamiliar with his own report. He had supposedly never even heard of the Steele Dossier, a significant component of Russiagate. How absurd is that? Make America Great Again - that definitely sounds like rhetoric straight from the Kremlin, isn't it? Securing our borders and making our economy stronger than ever was Putin's plan all along.

Orange man was elected by Americans, but rather than your party learn from their mistakes in rhetoric and political strategies, they are trying to drag his name through the mud with this impeachment sham... as if that wouldn't bolster even more support for the man.

So in essence, we did vote for who we wanted and the powers that be won't allow it near the end of the first term, if they can help it.

If you don't see how that isn't on the mark on topic to your argument that the people pick their candidate, well then I'm not sure what else to say really?

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
That's all well and good as long as you also draw the line with the blatant lies and propaganda of left or left-leaning news sources as well (e.g., CNN, MSNBC, Daily KOS, Huffington Post, New Republic, AlterNet, Palmer Report).

Yes, of course, but I don't see the same type of propaganda through the sources you mention. Angles and spin, yes, but nothing like the nonsense/lies spewed on Fox through Hannity, Pirro, and Carlson. Those guys are on a different level. Agree though, ultimately you need to be able to cut through the BS, but there are so many people that just inject Fox News into their brain.

Last edited by a moderator:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yes, of course, but I don't see the same type of propaganda through the sources you mention. Angles and spin, yes, but nothing like the nonsense/lies spewed on Fox through Hannity, Pirro, and Carlson. Those guys are on a different level. Agree though, ultimately you need to be able to cut through the BS, but there are so many people that just inject Fox News into their brain.

The thing is, this just shows how much hatred you have for fellow Americans who simply disagree with you.

but Love TRUMPS hate , right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigMcGuire

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
Because he was elected by Americans because what Hillary was offering (and by extension the Democratic Party, and President Obama at the time on the road campaigning for her at length) wasn't competitive, but you're so out of touch you have to blame it on Russia actors when the media has dropped that gas lighting act. Mueller looked like a petulant washed up old man during the hearings, unfamiliar with his own report. He had supposedly never even heard of the Steele Dossier, a significant component of Russiagate. How absurd is that? Make America Great Again - that definitely sounds like rhetoric straight from the Kremlin, isn't it? Securing our borders and making our economy stronger than ever was Putin's plan all along.

Orange man was elected by Americans, but rather than your party learn from their mistakes in rhetoric and political strategies, they are trying to drag his name through the mud with this impeachment sham... as if that wouldn't bolster even more support for the man.

So in essence, we did vote for who we wanted and the powers that be won't allow it near the end of the first term, if they can help it.

If you don't see how that isn't on the mark on topic to your argument that the people pick their candidate, well then I'm not sure what else to say really?

Ah yes, on and on about Russia and impeachment and Trump, all because the Democratic candidate has not been chosen before voting even begins.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
The thing is, this just shows how much hatred you have for fellow Americans who simply disagree with you.

but Love TRUMPS hate , right?

Pointing out ignorance has has nothing to do with hatred. I don’t hate anyone for what they believe in, but facist propaganda and racism has no place in America. Sadly, that’s what Fox News sells and their viewers eat it up.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Pointing out ignorance has has nothing to do with hatred. I don’t hate anyone for what they believe in, but facist propaganda and racism has no place in America. Sadly, that’s what Fox News sells and their viewers eat it up.

Trump supporters getting their sustenance from Trump’s derrière, human centipede style, is “just pointing out ignorance” ?

Color me surprised you don’t even know you’re being hateful

Timothy Leo Crowley

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
That's a bonus for Apple news. I don't know if it's enough to get me to subscribe, but it's a step in the right direction, add NY Times and maybe one of the cable news networks and it's a deal.

A free press is the cornerstone of our Democracy.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Trump supporters getting their sustenance from Trump’s derrière, human centipede style, is “just pointing out ignorance” ?

Color me surprised you don’t even know you’re being hateful

I actually feel sadness for them, much more so than hate. I am hopeful one day they will once again be able to think for themselves, but I am not sure we can get there as a society. If the picture offends people, good. People need to realize how harmful such a process is, how harmful Fox News is, and how harmful facism and racism is.

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
That's a bonus for Apple news. I don't know if it's enough to get me to subscribe, but it's a step in the right direction, add NY Times and maybe one of the cable news networks and it's a deal.

A free press is the cornerstone of our Democracy.

The free press? Most of the news is for profit click-bait:
https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-...100-digital-news-outlets-and-their-ownership/

I tend to go to foreign news outlets to get anything that approaches objective or event moderately competent reporting rather than airhead opinions that rival even Trump's lack of intellectual prowess.

I wonder what the financial terms of the ABC - Apple News deal are...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.