sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Hopefully Apple will have daily little tidbits each day just to get me thru this rough period of having an iPad shipped but still not being able to touch it. :)

Comment

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
I watched them all, some things are new to me. I like the dictionary in ibooks and the word processor app, I thought I read something about wikipedia search as well, maybe that was from one of my dreams, but hey you never know.

Comment

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
tapping the address bar in safari also brings up a bookmark bar. That is pretty slick; I was kinda bummed out there was no bookmark bar. It's a nice surprise.:apple:

Comment

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Damn - cant watch these at work :(

Any other clues?

Print options??

Doc storage?

Cant wait for reviews to start rolling in!

Comment

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
You can continue an email search to include all messages on server, right from within Mail. GIDDYUP.

Comment

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
Isn't that the same as iPhone? And does it search just content - or just to/from/subject, etc?

I can't get the choice to continue to the search on the server to appear on my iPhone. So it seems new.

Had to look back at the video, but on the iPad the initial choices are the same as the iPhones: From To Subject All. Not content far as I can tell.

THAT is a bummer. Need an app for that...

Comment

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Anthony - I believe it all depends on whether or not you're using POP, Exchange Server, etc.

Because some of my email addresses don't give me the option to continue to search on the server and some do...

Comment

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Now Featuring iPad Guided Tours

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

132721-ibooks_guided_tour.jpg

Apple today posted a series of guided tours for the iPad, gearing up for the device's launch in the U.S. later this week. The 11 guided tours cover basic features such as Safari, Mail, Photos, and iPod that should be familiar in at least basic concept to iPhone and iPod touch users. The iPad's larger screen, however, has allowed Apple to enhance those applications for a richer user experience. Also included are tours of Videos, YouTube, and iTunes.

As far as offerings unique to the iPad, Apple has also posted guided tours of the iBooks application that will interface with the company's iBookstore for eBook content and the iWork for iPad suite that will bring Keynote, Pages, and Numbers to the iPad.

The new guided tours section is featured prominently as one of the main tabs in Apple's iPad section and should offer users a good perspective on what they can expect from Apple's long-anticipated tablet device even before they get their hands on one.

Article Link: Apple Now Featuring iPad Guided Tours

Comment

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I saw these earlier and wasn't sure if they were new. Really good looking, particularly Mail; I can see myself using that as my main client.

Comment

iPastor

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Never Before

Never before have I wanted a piece of hardware like I want the iPad. Shoot, i waited in line for 4 hours for the original iPhone. But the iPad, it's like on another planet. I envision dozens of ways it will improve my productivity in life and in ministry.

Comment

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
Very cool. Makes me want one even more, though I can't get one at launch.

Comment

exodar

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2006
From looking at the iWork guided tour videos there is no doubt that printing is not going to be an option. Bummer :(

Comment

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Am i the one who couldn't stop laughing at the letter-boxing of 'HD' videos.

I dunno...i'm just not convinced about the device.

Comment

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Dear Steve , any chance of a f****in uk release date and price please!!
Videos look awesome.

Comment

rtabdo

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
I have to say, after watching this video you really see how polished this device really is. Great job Apple.

Comment

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
I'm drooling over iBooks. The ability to change the brightness right in the app is amazing. It's one of my favorite features in the Stanza app and I'm very happy to see it adopted here. Also, the dictionary feature looks top notch.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.