Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today added several new accessories to its online store, debuting popular products from brands like Anker, Mophie, and Twelve South. The new Anker 3-in-1 Cube with MagSafe is a MagSafe-certified charging accessory that can charge the iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods all at once.

anker-cube-1.jpg

Priced at $150, the Anker Cube is available in Apple retail stores as of right now, and it should soon be online. It collapses down into a portable cube shape, with the MagSafe Charger and the Apple Watch charging puck expanding from the top and side, respectively, leaving a charging platform for the AirPods.

The 3-in-1 Cube with MagSafe is able to charge a MagSafe iPhone at up to 15W as it is using Apple's official MagSafe charging technology, and Anker says it is also able to fast charge the Series 7, Series 8, and Ultra. An iPhone can be charged in either landscape or portrait orientation, and the Cube comes with a 1.5m USB-C to USB-C charging cable and a 30W charger.

anker-cube-2.jpg

Apple is also selling a new extendable "HoverBar Tower" from Twelve South, which is designed to hold the iPad upright for Apple Fitness+ workouts, FaceTime calls, and more. The stand is available in black or white and the iPad's height can be adjusted from under three feet to over five feet.

twelve-south-hoverbar.jpg
The Twelve South HoverBar Tower for iPad is a flexible floor stand that's perfect for Apple Fitness+ workouts and so much more. Attach your iPad to this height adjustable stand and workout with your favorite trainers anywhere in your home or outside on the porch. Position it low to the ground for a yoga class, at eye level for music lessons, or in front of your stationary bike. HoverBar Tower can even hold iPad above your desktop monitor as a second (or third) screen.
The product listing says that it works with all iPad models and most stands thanks to a clip design, and there is a weighted base and three tower post poles. The HoverBar Tower was just listed and it is not available for purchase as of yet, but it should be live soon. It is priced at $130.

Along with the Anker Cube and Twelve South HoverBar, Apple is now selling Mophie's latest power bank, the Mophie Powerstation Plus 10K. As the name suggests, it has a 10,000mAh battery for providing up to 43 hours of video playback on the go, and it offers up to 27W of power for an iPhone or an iPad.

mophie-powerstation-plus.jpg

The Powerstation Plus has integrated Lightning and USB-C cables, along with a USB-C port for charging and LED indicator lights to display the charge level. Two devices can be charged at one time, but if you're using both ports, you will only get a combined 27W. With the Lightning cable or USB-C cable used individually, you can get up to 20W of power. Apple is selling the Powerstation Plus for $80.

Article Link: Apple Now Selling Anker 3-in-1 MagSafe Cube, Twelve South 5-Foot iPad Stand and More

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
People are gonna cry over the price of these items, but no one is forced to buy them. Seems silly to bother. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will pay the premium for a functional and good looking item from a quality brand, even if many won't.
I think it says more about capitalism than anything, that many people would be willing to buy a product with no rationale for the value. As the saying goes; buy the car you need rather than the one you want.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
People are gonna cry over the price of these items, but no one is forced to buy them. Seems silly to bother. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will pay the premium for a functional and good looking item from a quality brand, even if many won't.
It indirectly helps me when people complain with scathing attacks and ridicule against companies that put unreasonable prices on their products. It reminds the companies that consumers are not entirely oblivious or have no sense of value. Consumers notice when they are being duped -- sometimes even I doubt this, but their complaints assure me that not all consumers are chumps. This gives businesses some pause. Otherwise, the prices would become even more out of control for products that I care about.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2014
I like the cube, but it needs to fast charge my phone, watch and AirPods Pro gen 2 at full speed or I will have to pass.

at 15w it does not I assume.

I would settle though if all three devices are up, the watch gets fast charged even if it means slower charging for the others. will have to wait for reviews.

Bruntoj

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
I want to cube for travel…. But I can’t confirm anywhere that it fast charges the Ultra….
I did too, but then I realized it still needs a separate charging cable and brick/wall-wart. It comes with them but I guess I had an unrealistic notion that I’d have less crap to lug around.

Ion-X

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
NYC
I thought mounting my iPhone 14 Pro Max to a magnetic mount would be a great idea. I was completely wrong! The always-on display is way too bright and keeps me up. I end up having to plug it in and put it face-down.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2011
B9010470-2-D2-E-44-D9-AB02-9-CF58118-D260.jpg

1666386706714.jpeg

I got this for like €30 on Amazon and it works great. It’s small and portable, works with MagSafe fast charging and the finish is surprisingly good.

I just couldn’t justify spending €150 on a charger. Hopefully it won’t destroy my devices in the long run :/

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2014
I'm a sucker for these 3-way chargers. Probably going to end up picking this up for my desk. Love the look of the cube.

I hope it can charge the phone on top even when one has not folded the top portion "open',

Really would love a minimal charger like this that would stay in cube mode if all I want to do is charge the phone and not look at it.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2014
B9010470-2-D2-E-44-D9-AB02-9-CF58118-D260.jpg

View attachment 2099316

I got this for like €30 on Amazon and it works great. It’s small and portable, works with MagSafe fast charging and the finish is surprisingly good.

I just couldn’t justify spending €150 on a charger. Hopefully it won’t destroy my devices in the long run :/

which watch do you own?

Wondering if it can fast charge an Ultra.

Oct 17, 2022
It indirectly helps me when people complain with scathing attacks and ridicule against companies that put unreasonable prices on their products. It reminds the companies that consumers are not entirely oblivious or have no sense of value. Consumers notice when they are being duped -- sometimes even I doubt this, but their complaints assure me that not all consumers are chumps. This gives businesses some pause. Otherwise, the prices would become even more out of control for products that I care about.
Companies look at prices before releasing a product. There are entire departments devoted to such at large companies. Apple, for instance, looks at the price at which they'll sell the greatest number of iPhones at the highest price. As price increases, the number of buyers decreases, so there's a sweet spot where it's most profitable.

Clearly what you're suggesting doesn't work, because you don't generally see these companies drop the price shortly after release. They know it's going to be a low volume seller, but appeal to a specific type of buyer.

Does Ferrari or Bentley give a crap about people that can't afford them complaining about the price? Not a chance. As long as they appeal to the right group and offer a value to enough buyers, they can be very profitable, even when selling low volume. Every product doesn't have to sell in high volume or be a Toyota Camry in order to be successful.

Oct 17, 2022
I want to cube for travel…. But I can’t confirm anywhere that it fast charges the Ultra….
The cube seems far too big for travel. Even 3 separate chargers for an iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods don't take up that much space. And the new AirPod Pro 2 can charge with the Apple Watch charger or Lightning, so you really shouldn't need to carry just for them. They have more than enough juice between the case and AirPods to charge them at some point when they phone and watch aren't using it.

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
I hope it can charge the phone on top even when one has not folded the top portion "open',

Really would love a minimal charger like this that would stay in cube mode if all I want to do is charge the phone and not look at it.
That's a good point. I didn't even think about that. I'll look for some reviews on the product to see if that possible.

Reactions: macsplusmacs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.