Apple Now Selling Refurbished HomePod for $299

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today added the HomePod to its online store for refurbished products in the United States, offering the smart speaker at a discount for the first time.

The HomePod, normally priced at $349, is available in both white and space gray for $299, a $50 discount off of the regular price.

[​IMG]

There is no HomePod listing on the main Apple refurbished site as of yet, but it should be added in the near future. For now, the HomePod can be purchased from the individual HomePod refurbished listing. Apple is still rolling out refurbished models, so the page doesn't work on occasion, but will show up with refreshing.

A refurbished HomePod bought today will be delivered between November 30 and December 14, depending on shipping method selected at the time of purchase.

Introduced in February, the HomePod is Apple's Siri-enabled smart speaker that pairs well with Apple Music. It serves as a Home hub, features AirPlay 2 support, can make phone calls, and offers up most of the capabilities of Siri on an iPhone.

Apple's refurbished stock is often limited in quantity and can sell out, which is something to be aware of. Checking the refurbished site often or using a tracking site is the best way to figure out when a particular item that you might want is in stock.

Purchasing a refurbished HomePod from Apple is a good way to get a like-new device at a lower price point. All of Apple's refurbished products are tested, certified, cleaned, and guaranteed with a one-year warranty that can be extended with AppleCare+.

Article Link: Apple Now Selling Refurbished HomePod for $299

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Still too high...It may be an excellent sounding machine but not the right market.

3. DrJohnnyN Suspended

DrJohnnyN

4. thebro20 macrumors regular

My feeling exactly!

5. filmantopia macrumors 6502a

filmantopia

I got one and love it, but I'd buy another if they made it $199.

6. warpdrive macrumors newbie

warpdrive

I think $200 would be a maximum price I would consider this. If it was $250 and worked as a BT speaker and had an wired aux input, I would bite. As is, it’s too limited for too high of a price

7. Corsig macrumors regular

8. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

9. NervousFish2 macrumors regular

NervousFish2

Got one from Costco recently, for a price close to this. And I have zero regrets. Had recently moved house and sold everything, relocating to other end of the country. This thing is perfect for music, playing podcasts, and streaming Dare Devil on Netflix on my laptop. Eventually, I'll be furnishing the place a bit more. And I'll be giving serious thought to getting a second one.

10. AngerDanger, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

11. RickInHouston macrumors 65816

12. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

13. tromboneaholic macrumors 68040

tromboneaholic

I find myself listening to music more often because of how easy it is to ask Siri to play a playlist or just “something I will like.”

14. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

If anyone is looking to take advantage of this, brand new from Microcenter is $299 as well.

15. Return Zero macrumors 6502a

Return Zero

I have a pair and love them. I paid less than $250 each using ebay single-item coupons, and for that price they are absolutely worth it. I do think anything north of $300 (after tax) is simply too high for the average user.

16. nfl46 macrumors 604

I’ll wait on a 15-20% eBay coupon in a few days to get a new one off there.

17. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Yep, there are lots of good competitors out there.

On the plus side, I don't think they have the T2 chip which seems to be causing issues in their computer products :).

18. coolfactor macrumors 68040

Looking forward to the "HomePod mini".

19. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

...which is almost certainly coming.

20. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

21. Minxy macrumors regular

If you're thinking about buying it - think a bit longer.

There isn't integration with Apple Home or Apple Music app. Imagine that, Spotify a third party app, has options to scrub through your music and view track names whilst Apple Music has nothing.

Also, Siri is gimped and is much worst at understanding speech then Google Home or Alexa.

But the HomePod does have great sound!

22. decypher44, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

decypher44 macrumors regular

decypher44

$175 and add Apple Music app for Roku, then we’ll talk.

Right now, I’m loving my Echo and Amazon Unlimited. Great price for both, can play anything on the Echo, iPhone and Roku on the home theater system. Works very, very well.

However, the HomePod sounds nicer than the Echo, but not nearly enough to get me to switch.

23. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Have a couple of them and absolutely love them. I'm not exaggerating I have them looping a huge playlist 24/7 at my office and at my house.