Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

104317-20081014_415eb3a0c6856cfdcdffpP4C3u14MFLS_400.jpg

Some last minute images showing off the bottom of the new Apple notebook cases and removable battery. Last night, we saw a number of credible details about Apple's expected announcements today:

- More Apple Notebook Details: Clickable Glass Trackpad, GPUs, Pricing
- MacBook Pros with Hybrid SLI, Extra Long Battery? MacBook Announcement?
- Apple's New $899 Product is an LED Display and Not a MacBook

The Apple notebook media event starts at 10AM Pacific, 1PM Eastern. The Apple Store has already gone down for updates. Live keynote coverage can be followed at the following links:

- Gizmodo.com
- Engadget.com
- ArsTechnica
- Macworld

We'll be providing Twitter updates as well as providing summary updates to this news story. MacRumorsLive will return at Macworld San Francisco 2009.

Article Link

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
Hmm I wonder how many e-mail messages that guy who posted his e-mail address on the picture is going to receive after having circulated that picture... more than his Hotmail storage? :)

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Ah, i was looking for a good live source.

@jpfarley : didn't you read the article?

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
I hope it's not that awful thing we saw last night, Ives hasn't messed up yet really, I'd hate for his hindenburg to be now on the MBP just as they're starting to become a major major player in the notebook market.

I don't like that Apple is slowly dropping off ports, first optical, now perhaps FW400 on the MacBook (I have one, and I use 400!! Keep it!). Consumer-land might be heading towards wireless, but I'm pretty sure the Pro arena likes to plug things in. And sometimes it's just not feasible to upload xGB files to a server. Like with me, the fastest I get at home (where I work) is 1.5DSL. I still like burning DVD's for clients.

coma2black

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
I am really looking forward to see what is apple going to show us!

Despite my disappointment that they will not release a macbook with current specs and new "alu package" for 1100$ i just can not wait to see what the refreshed line will bring.

enjoy in the show!;)

jpfarley

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
Ah, i was looking for a good live source.

@jpfarley : didn't you read the article?

I read it, just excitedly repeating, I guess. Lots of wait makes you crazy! Even though some of the speculation is off, it's still exciting to see what new things are going to come out. Like Christmas or something.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
Since it's after 2am here I think I might actually sleep through this one and watch the full keynote when I wake up. But maybe that's just being jaded after staying up for "Let's Rock" and there being nothing unexpected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.