Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's online store is down ahead of iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max pre-orders, which are set to begin at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time in the United States.

apple-store-down-16x9.jpg

"You're... early," reads the Apple Store message when attempting to visit the U.S. website. "Pre-order begins at 5:00 a.m. PDT. Enjoy the extra sleep." Apple used to do new device pre-orders at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time, but since 2019, has been holding iPhone pre-orders at 5:00 a.m.

The ‌iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13,‌ iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max are launching in more than 30 countries and regions around the world, and a full list of launch times can be found in our time zone guide.

All of the new iPhone 13 models are nearly identical in design to last year's iPhone 12 models, featuring flat edges, an aerospace-grade aluminum enclosure, a glass back, and a slight increase in thickness.

Key features across the iPhone 13 lineup include a faster A15 Bionic chip, camera improvements, longer battery life, and a smaller notch. The two Pro models also feature a ProMotion display with a variable refresh rate up to 120Hz. The iPhone 13 models are available in Pink, Blue, Midnight (black), Starlight (silver/gold), and (PRODUCT)RED.

If you're hoping to get one of the models in the ‌new iPhone 13 lineup on launch day, it's a good idea to purchase early because there's no word on how much supply Apple will have.

Pricing on the iPhone 13 mini starts at $699, while pricing on the iPhone 13 starts at $799, the iPhone 13 Pro starts at $999, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max begins at $1099. The official launch, when pre-orders will be out for delivery, is next Friday, September 24.

Article Link: Apple Online Store Down Ahead of iPhone 13 and 13 Pro Pre-Orders

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
is it better to pre order through the app or website?

My advice... have both ready. And update your contact and payment information NOW just to be safe.

Last year at the launch of the iPhone 12 Pro Max... I had both the app and the website ready at 8am.

The website was a disaster... it didn't open until about 10 minutes later. And the app was slow to load, too.

But I eventually placed my order in the app... and I got my confirmation email at 8:15am

The app was asking me to confirm my credit card 3-digit code. I missed it when I first made my order... so it kept kicking me out. And I didn't know why. But it eventually went through.

Good luck!

Krypton Deer

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2019
My advice... have both ready. And update your contact and payment information NOW just to be safe.

Last year at the launch of the iPhone 12 Pro Max... I had both the app and the website ready at 8am.

The website was a disaster... it didn't open until about 10 minutes later. And the app was slow to load.

But I eventually ordered in the app... and I got my confirmation email at 8:15am

The app was asking me to confirm my credit card 3-digit code. I missed it when I first made my order... and it kept kicking me out. But it eventually went through.

Good luck!
I have an Apple Store gift card to use. Does it mean I can only pre-order through website? Or will the app also let me use it?

Reactions: AppleM

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I have an Apple Store gift card to use. Does it mean I can only pre-order through website? Or will the app also let me use it?

Hmmm... I don't know about gift cards.

Last year was the first time I ordered directly through Apple and I was using a new credit card that wasn't associated with my AppleID. So that's why I made sure I had the new card in the system early.

Hopefully someone with knowledge about Apple gift cards can chime in here!

:p

sumo.do

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2014
Australia
If you get the order in super early in say the first few minutes and choose delivery, do the couriers normally deliver on the pick up day. Being September 24 this year? Particularly interested in experiences in Australia too.

ivantheipodder

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2018
If you get the order in super early in say the first few minutes and choose delivery, do the couriers normally deliver on the pick up day. Being September 24 this year? Particularly interested in experiences in Australia too.
Yes. September 24 is a Friday so that should be good. I’m in Australia and they’ve always done that in the past. If you get it in early and have an ETA of September 24 and don’t live in rural areas.

Reactions: sumo.do

jasonefmonk

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2011
iPhone 12 mini 256 GB in Black upgrading for the iPhone 13 mini 512 GB in RED.

I’ve become a huge fan of this phone size but particularly felt I missed out on Dolby Vision at 4K 60 FPS. The brighter screen, improved battery life, and other camera upgrades are all awesome as well. Hope to keep this one for much more than a year.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
is it better to pre order through the app or website?
Used to be the app. Since iPhone 11 the app has not gone live for some people until at least 30-40 mins after pre-orders open and many others had problems trying to complete their order.

I ended up using the website last year for the 12 Pro as the app just didn't let me complete the payment.

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
Looking forward to order iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB Sierra Blue - still not sure if I should get 512GB for the ProRes, I know it won't be out till 15 iOS update, I assume?.

Good luck to all of you ladies and gentlemen.

Reactions: ratspg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.