Apple Pay, best thing ever

danny842003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I’ve been a bit lazy/busy recently and haven’t had the time/motivation to exercise, I was thinking the Apple Watch was a little excessive for my needs.
Then this week my bank finally caved and offered Apple Pay, this has made the Apple Watch a must have device. The convenience of being able to pay without a card is amazing I’m sold on the Apple Watch again.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
It’s definitely convenient, and it’s becoming more widespread now where you don’t even have to carry your debit card with you in every location now. Contactless payment I think is the future, and the Apple Watch really makes it simplistic. Surprisingly, I don’t see too many consumers use the Apple Watch for Apple Pay, either they don’t know how it works or they simply don’t think about it, but it’s quick and efficient for a payment method.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
The future is now. Apple Pay is my preferred method of payment and most places I frequent, NIKE, Apple, Chick-Fil-A, BJs and soon Target all accept Apple Pay. Contactless is still gaining momentum here in the US, but it’s quite prevalent in bigger cities. There are still quiet a few cashiers that are so mind blown when I pay with my iPhone or Apple Watch.

Oddly enough I have a habit of paying with my iPhone more often than my watch, ha.

danny842003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
The future is now. Apple Pay is my preferred method of payment and most places I frequent, NIKE, Apple, Chick-Fil-A, BJs and soon Target all accept Apple Pay. Contactless is still gaining momentum here in the US, but it’s quite prevalent in bigger cities. There are still quiet a few cashiers that are so mind blown when I pay with my iPhone or Apple Watch.

Oddly enough I have a habit of paying with my iPhone more often than my watch, ha.
Contactless is pretty much everywhere here in Australia, but the banks tried to band together and get Apple to cut them a better deal. It didn’t work and many banks still don’t have Apple Pay here.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Contactless is pretty much everywhere here in Australia, but the banks tried to band together and get Apple to cut them a better deal. It didn’t work and many banks still don’t have Apple Pay here.
Been using Android pay here in Australia for a few years. I'm surprised it's taken Apple this long to join the party.

scmill

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2018
Spartanburg SC
I've taught drive-thru cashiers all around town about Apple Pay. They are just gobsmacked to see it work! Now all I have to do is raise my arm, and they are grabbing their terminal and holding it out the window. :apple:

Reactions: MisterSavage

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Cash is just as fake as electronic payments, amazing to me that there is more faith in pieces of paper.
In a short term power outage paper works so I keep some on hand, but In a SHTF situation it’s a bathroom product. Normal day to day give me contactless systems
The day will come when our government will make us abandon it and then they will know where you spend every penny. After that they will decide what you can buy and what you can’t.

danny842003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Been using Android pay here in Australia for a few years. I'm surprised it's taken Apple this long to join the party.
It wasn’t Apple, but the banks decided not to take them up in their offer.
[doublepost=1548628733][/doublepost]
The day will come when our government will make us abandon it and then they will know where you spend every penny. After that they will decide what you can buy and what you can’t.
What’s the difference between this time and now?
I can’t just go and buy heroin or a gun legally with cash or contactless.

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
I love Apple Pay on my watch! It’s so fast, and I leave my wallet behind a lot, especially in stores where I know it’s accepted.

danny842003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
No but you can buy heroin and an illegal gun with cash.
But they still decide what you can and can’t buy which is what you said.
Even if they did say what you could and couldn’t buy there’s nothing saying you couldn’t trade goods for anything else.

MisterSavage

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2018
Then this week my bank finally caved and offered Apple Pay, this has made the Apple Watch a must have device. The convenience of being able to pay without a card is amazing I’m sold on the Apple Watch again.
I was lukewarm on the Apple Watch at first but Apple Pay quickly became the killer feature for me. It's especially convenient when i'm carrying other things. I can still activate it with the knuckle on my thumb.

There are still quiet a few cashiers that are so mind blown when I pay with my iPhone or Apple Watch.
It's so funny when that happens!

I've taught drive-thru cashiers all around town about Apple Pay. They are just gobsmacked to see it work! Now all I have to do is raise my arm, and they are grabbing their terminal and holding it out the window. :apple:
You sound like me. Last night I told a cashier at a small Thai restaurant I wanted to pay with Apple Pay. She said I couldn't but I saw the NFC symbol on her payment device. I held my watch up to it and it worked. She was amazed.

Cool. In 30 years The Netherlands will have Apple Pay too, I hope.
Fingers crossed! I was able to pay for entry into a water closet at Amsterdam Centraal and the people in line behind me were amazed!

Reactions: scmill

redman042

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2008
I think I've used Apple Pay on my phone maybe 5 times total since it came available, and not at all recently. However, that's because I use it all time time on the watch (I've owned an Apple Watch since 2015). It works amazingly well. Even to this day, most cashiers make a comment of surprise/wonder when I do it. They see the phone used often for Apple Pay, but rarely the watch. I'm not sure why. Maybe most people just don't bother to load their card through the Watch app on the phone.

If you own an Apple Watch, you really need to try this out if you haven't already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.