Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Planning Live Premiere Event for Billie Eilish Documentary Release on February 25

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced a global live premiere event for the release of "Billie Eilish: The World's A Little Blurry," a highly anticipated Apple TV+ documentary detailing Eilish's life after the launch of her debut album in March 2019.

The event, which kicks off at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time in the Apple TV app, the Apple Music app, and Eilish's YouTube channel, will feature an exclusive performance from Eilish, video packages from the film, an interview with director R.J. Cutler, and an "intimate conversation" with Eilish hosted by DJ Zane Lowe.

Immediately after the premiere event, the "Billie Eilish: The World's A Little Blurry," documentary will be available to watch on Apple TV+. The documentary tells the coming-of-age story of the singer-songwriter and her rise to stardom as she navigates life on the road and at home with her family while writing and recording "WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?"

Eilish today also shared a live performance of "ilomilo," the song that provided the title for the Apple TV+ documentary.

Article Link: Apple Planning Live Premiere Event for Billie Eilish Documentary Release on February 25

Royksöpp

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2013
Uh oh. The Macrumors Boomers are out in full force in this post.

Really though, are you guys trying to be funny? She’s been on countless magazine covers and she won multiple Grammys. If you haven’t heard of her fine, but don’t insult her. She’s clearly proven she’s of worth.

Comment

hagar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Does that mean Apple will finally update the Top Shelf video of the Music App on ATV?

It’s been stuck on Billie Illish for 2 years now. We get it. She performed in the Steve Jobs auditorium.

Comment

orbital~debris

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Does that mean Apple will finally update the Top Shelf video of the Music App on ATV?

It’s been stuck on Billie Illish for 2 years now. We get it. She performed in the Steve Jobs auditorium.
That's interesting, that would suggest it's somewhat bespoke for different users – mine has not had Billie Eilish on it, although it has shown the current artist for a number of months.

Reactions: ErikGrim
Comment

page3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2003
Vicar of Dibley-land, UK

Really though, are you guys trying to be funny? She’s been on countless magazine covers and she won multiple Grammys. If you haven’t heard of her fine, but don’t insult her. She’s clearly proven she’s of worth.
No insult, I just hadn’t heard of her. Mind you, most of my music was composed prior to the 1850’s.

Comment

ArPe

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2020
Meh I don’t care. She’s very sleepy and depressing. We need new thunderously entertaining people like Freddie Mercury. Those larger than life characters don’t exist anymore and I’m trying hard to find them honest.

Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

I have no interest in keeping up with who is on the cover of x magazine much less who won't a Grammy. Those are meaningless trivial facts and nothing more.

Comment

Wildkraut

macrumors 65816
Nov 8, 2015
Germany

lol As if Grammys, Oscars etc. worth something in „real life“, it‘s something i never understood, just like watching strangers doing sport. I mean it‘s nice for them, but why should it cares me what these artists achieved?

By writing this in here I‘m already wasting precious time of my life, better stop right now...
Unplugged beeeep...

One more thing: She looks like a case for shutter island. Does she always look like stoned?

Last edited:
Reactions: decypher44 and Huck
Comment

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2010
I have no personal qualms with Eilish. Don't like her music, but I'm not going to criticise her for that.

My problem is that someone - or a group of people - thought it would be a great idea to make a documentary about her. If Eilish is the creative genius that many would make her out to be, then goodness what the actual talented people out there have to do to gain recognition.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.