Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
"Fake, they'll never be on a yearly cycle"
"I told you it would be a yearly cycle"
"Why I'm selling my 1st and getting a 2nd gen watch"
"Why I'm keeping my 1st gen and passing on 2nd gen watch"
"So glad I didn't buy a first gen like all of those other idiots"
"I always wait until the second gen for the real product"
"This is why you don't pay $1,000 for the first gen watch"
"lol people that bought Edition models"
"Make it round"
"Don't make it round"
"Make it thinner"
"Don't make it thinner, just add more battery"
"FaceTime cameras on a watch are stupid"
"Standalone wi-fi or I don't buy"
"Standalone cellular or I don't buy"
"WatchOS 3 will probably kill 1st gen watches to force people to upgrade"
"Steve would've never allowed this"
"Safari will be snappier"
"My wallet is ready"
"Shut up and take my money"

That should get us started.

mbh1976

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Kills me the potential 4-inch iPhone is continually referred to as "budget". Just because I don't want a giant phone, doesn't mean I'm not willing to pay the same for something that I can actually fit in a pocket. Please let this thing be an upgraded 5S and not an updated 5C. Thank you.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Unless it has major new health features, I really don't see the point. Wouldn't be surprised if the watches on the 2nd year cycle are like the phones on the 2nd year cycle.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
6c and me: depends on the build quality, stability of iOS 9 and if the price is $549. I can roll with the battery life since my iPad Mini 4 is doing most of the heavy lifting.

And if there's a red one... perhaps I will jump. I dug the red metal iPod Touch.

Reactions: AdiQue

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
No GPS, no buy.

How they can't make a complete stand alone watch is beyond me. The day I can receive my text or calls during my run without carrying my phone.........then we have a winner.
Trust me it's not worth it

I've had the gear S and all it would do is hurt battery life and you basically never use that feature anyway. As more often than not you will always have your phone anyway

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
It wouldn't surprise me if they have chipset upgrade programs. It would make sense for the Edition and Stainless models, so you wouldn't have to shell out another $1000-$17k, instead, say $499 for the upgrade. That, or at least get recycling credit for the Editions. The Sport is considered disposable, in my opinion.

Hoping for a round model, although a watch is a watch... There is no sense in changing the design at all, really. It's quite perfect. The watch is getting closer to a usable product. It's really just lacking storage for music for us marathon runners. Hopefully it will be worth it to me, personally, on it's 2nd generation, although it's already "worth it."

Last edited:

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
You know what I want to see before I'm willing to buy an Apple Watch? A minimum 2-day battery life.

I don't care about all the sensors. I've already got a Garmin Vivosmart; and, while it was nice initially as a "training device" to get me to change my daily behavior, I've found now that I've done that I really don't care all that much about my daily steps and whatnot. What I still do find useful are notifications and reminders on my wrist - and that is what would induce me to purchase an Apple Watch, if anything would.

The Mac Doctor

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
Where's the new Macbook Pro??

Well given that Intel has not released the high end Skylake processors with the GT4e GPU, it might be a few more months. A march launch would be nice: I'd have time to save for a new MacBook Pro with discrete graphics.

I'm in the same shoes as you, my 5 year old unibody MacBook needs to be replaced and soon.

Reactions: rediffusion

cliffster82

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2013
NOTE TO SELF: Do not buy bands until we know they are/are not compatible with Watch 2. (Just got a watch a week ago.)

Let's say you can sell the used watch for $300. Bundle in a $150 band, what will you get?? Answer: $300.

Reactions: JackANSI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.