Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted the full video of today's special media event on its website. The video should also be made avaliable later today on the Apple Keynotes podcast, which can found on the iTunes Store. [Podcast links: Keynotes, Keynotes in HD, Keynotes in 1080p HD]

Apple has also uploaded its "Perspective" video seen at the beginning of the event.

apple_sep14_event.png
Media Event Highlights:

- Apple Announces Apple Watch, Available in Early 2015 for $349
- Apple Announces 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Plus, Launching September 19
- Apple Announces 'Apple Pay' Mobile Payment Solution, Enabled at Over 220,000 U.S. Merchants
- iOS 8 Launching on September 17
- Apple Seeds iOS 8 Golden Master to Developers Ahead of September 17 Public Launch

Article Link: Apple Posts Full-Length iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Media Event Video

Vulkan

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Useless, TX
is there any way to download the video for offline viewing?

Update: This is awesome, why can't I view it on my iphone!!! :(

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's certainly smoother than the live stream was! And without the double soundtrack and voiceover, it's a pleasure to watch this time.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Yeah I just watched it and really enjoyed it too bad I couldn't have enjoyed it live this afternoon unfortunately it was BOTCHED!

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
The presentation itself was fine (save the awkward banter between Bono and Tim). The streaming implementation was not.

----------

Did I miss something? What was the big white structure outside?

Pretty funny isn't it, the thing had nothing to do with the presentation.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wonder if anyone will be fired for the live stream cock up today. That was embarrassing.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Just finished watching it on Apple TV, the watch has a lot more than I thought it would and the new iPhone looks great, need to ditch my 5s now ;)

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Today's Live Feed = Monster Train Wreck!

What a total disaster! The Chinese lady that was talking over Tim was too much. BOO :eek:

I sure hope Apple issues as statement regarding this monster gaff especially after all the HYPE the past few months. :eek:

Ok, Apple, the ball is in your court. :D

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Come again... I didn't watch it live, so yo'll have to forgive me for asking, what the hell happened?

Too many people flooded the servers, so it just kept crashing or restarting.
And the audio feeds were getting mixed up so we were getting chinese translations at the same time as Tim was speaking.

Audio goof and just general under preparedness from Apple for such an epic live stream event.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
And the audio feeds were getting mixed up so we were getting chinese translations at the same time as Tim was speaking.

Audio goof and just general under preparedness from Apple for such an epic live stream event.

Ah, I see. Has anyone been able to view the keynote? It seems it doesn't load or it just isn't there.

ibeam

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010

Apple stil hasn't figured out how the Internet works yet.

1. You delay the transmission by a few minutes
2. You use Akamai to distribute it worldwide.
3. You delay it even more to provide overdubbed regional translations
4. You provide an audio only option for lower bandwidth situations

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.