Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At Macworld San Francisco 2006, Steve Jobs showed a new television advertisement for the new Intel Macs.

http://www.apple.com/intel/ads/

"The Intel chip: for years, its been trapped inside PCs, inside dull little boxes, dutifully performing dull little tasks, when it could have been doing so much more. Starting today, the Intel chip wlll be set free and get to live life inside a Mac. Imagine the possibilities."

Be sure to read todays MacRumors stories for all the updates that came at Macworld.

herenot

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2006
cool.. but...

as anyone who ever worked in a fab will tell ya.. NO WAY anyone will be touching a wafer with thier hands!

:)

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Apple is really good at making you hate something one minute, and the other minute loving it :)

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Can anyone ID that song? I know it's been in a movie or at least a trailer within the past year... this is gonna kill me.

EDIT: just watched again, figured it out. It was the song in the trailer for Syriana. Anyone know the title of the song?

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Finally! A Mac advert! And a decent one at that. Can't wait to see that on my screens. I so want one of those new Power... er.. MacBook Pros!

SpY2K

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
pdpfilms said:
Can anyone ID that song? I know it's been in a movie or at least a trailer within the past year... this is gonna kill me.
It's Moby - "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters". This track has been played many times in cinema over the years, I think most famously in the ending credits of the 1995 LA crime saga, Heat, with Pacino & De Niro.

Good atmospheric sounds. Love the ad! :cool:

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
Viewtiful Rich said:
That's what I was going to ask... I think it's him. (24 starts this weekend!)

Definately Kiefer Sutherland. His voice is so cool.

We love intel now.
Me wants MBP.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
SpY2K said:
It's Moby - "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters". This track has been played many times in cinema over the years, I think most famously in the ending credits of the 1995 LA crime saga, Heat, with Pacino & De Niro.

Good atmospheric sounds. Love the ad! :cool:
can not find it on itunes uk , what album is it from ?

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
herenot said:
as anyone who ever worked in a fab will tell ya.. NO WAY anyone will be touching a wafer with thier hands!

:)
So the gloves don't help? I've seen lab techs handle the non-etched portions of wafers with gloved hands.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
That ad sounds like it came as much from Intel as Apple, they've been complaining about MS holding them back for years :)

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
anyone get a little foreboding chill when next to the apple at the end it didnt say "apple" but said "mac"? I hate it when people think the company name is mac. not to mention the very unrealistic "apple breaks up into two companies, iPod and Mac" fears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.