Apple Preorder Status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwiggs23, Feb 3, 2011.

1. jwiggs23 macrumors member

I know that the preorders from Verizon have started shipping. I ordered from Apple and it says; Preparing for Shipment. Has anybody that's ordered from Apple had their's ship?

2. joelpurser macrumors newbie

Nope. I placed my order at 3:06 eastern on apple.com and it still says prepared for shipment. I talked to apple customer service and he couldn't tell me anything that wasn't already on the order status page.

3. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

I haven't heard of anyone who ordered from apple have a Shipped status - best so far is "Prepared for Shipping."

4. drj400m macrumors newbie

Has anyone had their credit charged yet? I just have the prepared for shipment status and now worried about the order being cancelled.

5. joelpurser macrumors newbie

Just check my card and it's still pending. Why would the order be cancelled?

6. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Mine was charged very early this morning. (I had that in my sig originally but had to take it out because it was over 200 characters)

7. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Mine is still listed as "Prepared for shipment", Apple has charged my card though, so I'm hoping for shipment tomorrow perhaps.

8. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

NO! Hope for shipment today! Keep the faith alive! :D

9. srharris22 macrumors member

Actually ordered from both Apple and Verizon

I ordered from Apple first, sorry I trust them more : ). I upgraded my line and my credit card showed the full charge pretty quickly afterwards and I got my confirmation. On the website, nothing different than above...preparing to ship expected delivery by Feb 10th.
    However, I have not been charged by Verizon yet, but it does show online that my order is processed, however I am not getting the messages that others ordering prior to 3am are getting from Verizon on their status page. Thats ok though, the Verizon one is for my wife : )

I am pulling for Apple being the faster company but Verizon might win with the overnight shipping. I even tried to upgrade my shipping but won't let you do it on the apple website.

10. philipb91 macrumors member

i actually was the "first" to have a slot to pre order at my local best buy if they had a pre order and turns out they do!

ugh, i hope i get my phone earlier in the week! i think my card just got charged because my available credit just went down a lotttt!

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Mine says shipped but no tracking number is provided... I hope it comes tomorrow by 3PM as that is what is states on my order status page and TUAW reports the same.

12. joelpurser macrumors newbie

You ordered from Apple and it says shipped? How long has it said that?

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

Ah my bad I must have missed the "ordered from Apple" part. No, I ordered from VZW and it says shipped. I ordered it at 306 EST, received email at 335 EST and checked status at 1845 EST and it says shipped. Funny thing is that the order status page no longer works; it now says "the page you're trying to access is unavailable."

14. joelpurser macrumors newbie

haha, dang. got me all excited for a second.

15. icyfire macrumors 6502

still says prepared for shipment. my card hasn't been charged yet but I'm not sure whether charges show up immediately on my statement. Hoping that they take a cue from Verizon and ship the phones out tomorrow.

16. irDigital0l Guest

It wont be shipped tomorrow, its still saying prepared for shipment, whereas those that ordered from Verizon and got UPS already have theirs shipped and will be delivered tomorrow.

17. jwiggs23 thread starter macrumors member

My card has been charged, and still says prepared for shipment. hopefully ships tonight or early tmrw

18. singsopera macrumors member

I just received my "shipped" email confirmation and tracking number from VZ!

Received it and checked it on FedEx and it is still not recognized. Perhaps in the morning it will be updated...regardless, I doubt highly that it is actually being shipped to me personally. Probably will get delayed and delivered on the 10th? Here's to wishful thinking and my first iphone!!!

19. jwiggs23 thread starter macrumors member

congrats, but this thread is for people who ordered it from apple.com

20. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

FedEx still has all the warnings about delivery being delayed due to their Memphis hub being down. I know Apple ships a lot from their Memphis warehouse from past experience. Maybe they didn't ship due to FedEx being bogged down. Who knows.

21. drj400m macrumors newbie

Wasn't there a problem with AT&T's iPhone 4 pre-orders? I thought Apple's servers couldn't interface with AT&T's so some orders were cancelled? If not my misunderstanding.

22. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Could be. I got both of my iPhone 3G's from an AT&T store on launch day, so I don't remember specifically.

I'm betting they'll ship today. My card has been charged (its no longer a preauth, its a cleared charge). They don't charge until they've got it in a box ready to go.

I also ordered a new screen protector for the iPhone from Monoprice that will be here next week (can't beat 1 dollar) and a case from Amazon that should be here tomorrow. I'll be happy when I get my iPhone, regardless of when it gets here.

23. drj400m macrumors newbie

Agreed. Can't wait till it arrives! I've waited 3 years I can wait another few days!

24. jnc0310 macrumors newbie

I ordered from Apple also and my card has been charged, still pending though. I did get a call from my bank making sure it was a legit purchase I made. I hope they ship soon like Verizon.

25. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

The only thing that is disappointing was the lack of a 1 year contract option when purchasing. That and I tried ordering through Verizon and their order form wasn't Chrome compatible. Oh well :eek: