Apple Preparing Bug Fix Updates to Mail, iBooks, Safari and Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 4, 2013.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is preparing updates to the Mavericks versions of iBooks, Safari, and Remote Desktop, in addition to a Mail.app fix for Gmail users that was revealed last week, according to 9to5Mac.

The site does not reveal any of the changes that are coming, but says they have Apple's standard "improvements to performance and stability" patch notes.

[​IMG]
    9to5Mac notes that the Mail.app update will come separate from a larger OS X 10.9.1 update and could go live as soon as a few days from now.

Article Link: Apple Preparing Bug Fix Updates to Mail, iBooks, Safari and Remote Desktop

2. iOrbit macrumors 6502a

I really hope this update fixes the issue of making iBooks hide my entire book collection

3. flyingember macrumors member

I hope that bug fixed in ibooks includes being able to edit the metadata, but I'm not holding my breath.

4. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Oh thank goodness, I'm tired of not being able to scroll Mail messages. It seems to happen randomly, ----hoping these bug fixes will fix that! And a few other little things.

5. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Hopefully this update won't screw up my perfect Hackintosh build...

6. polterbyte macrumors 6502

polterbyte

Pretty fast (but still not a minute too soon in the case of Mail/GMail). And I'm still surprised this didn't come up during the beta test.

7. PeckhamBog macrumors 6502

PeckhamBog

I haven't gone over to Mavericks yet. Am I missing anything productive wise?

8. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

I just wish iTunes would stop randomly quitting while playing music. Started doing it after the Mavericks upgrade, and repairing disk permissions, etc, hasn't helped.

9. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Hoping for the Mail issue to be fixed where my Inboxes on the Mac are synced days behind my actual Inboxes from Google. Rarely will it sync up and push the correct mail after updating to 10.9.

10. Cougarcat macrumors 604

This is the best bit of news. I feared that they would want to roll this into 10.9.1, which hasn't even been seeded to developers yet.

Not really, unless you are on a laptop and would value an extra hour or two of battery.

11. koppie644 macrumors regular

with the debut of iBooks, iTunes doesn't transfer third-party ebooks into its library now AND iBooks doesn't transfer either! The torch relay is disturbed and please bring this purchase transfer back to iBooks.

A way to do this right now is to use third-party tools like iTools to transfer the ebooks to the Mac and then open them using iBooks. Afterwards, synchronization works like before

12. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

I'm wayyyyy more concerned about an update to the completely and totally unusable GarageBand.

At least these other apps function.

13. CubusX macrumors 6502

iTunes???

What about the iTunes bug? My library and iTunes Match took a dump after updating to Mavericks and the newest iTunes update.

14. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

After I updated to Mavericks, iTunes started crashing while doing nothing in particular. It seems to crash only when Aperture is open so it probably has something to do with home sharing of the Aperture library.

Every crash report gets sent to Apple so I'll patiently await a fix. :mad:

15. Parasprite macrumors 68000

Parasprite

I still haven't had any of these issues. This confuses me enough that I almost want to change my workflow or something to try and experience done of these.

C'mon Apple, I want something to complain about!

16. snebes macrumors 6502a

If you have a multi-monitor setup, you're missing out on that huge improvement. Other than that, probably not much, IMO.

17. Überkraft macrumors newbie

That, and performance improvements for any desktops or laptops with a limited supply of RAM, and better management of background apps. Plus, a lower power bill because of the power savings, so it could potentially even have a use on desktops. I honestly see no reason to not get it. For those worried about bugs, wait for 10.9.1. I wouldn't wait any longer than that though, as Mavericks is already extremely stable, and free.

18. pwygant macrumors newbie

This...

----------

and this...

19. szw-mapple fan macrumors 65816

szw-mapple fan

wait for 10.9.1 if you've waited this long. performance has improved a lot and really liking all the small feature/UI changes, but there's still a few bugs to be smoothed out.:D

20. alent1234 macrumors 603

just use Amazon Kindle and don't worry about it

21. Todd B. macrumors 6502

Haven't had any of those issues but the one thing I wish they would fix is the music app not displaying audiobook chapters. :( It worked fine before but now whenever I listen, it displays as one long track rather than selectable chapters.

And, this isn't really a big, but I hate how they made iBooks so PLAIN. The shelves and the page turning and everything is what made iBooks iBooks - now it's just like any other ebook reader. I hope they bring back the charm of it. :(

22. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

It did. For me at least. Can't wait for the fix. Driving me nuts.

----------

Not entirely untrue. Although it was nice to get directions on Maps on my MacBook on Saturday, then effortlessly send them to my iPhone.

23. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

:rolleyes:

24. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    As has been posted too many times, if you are mission critical, always wait for the .3 or .4 updates rather than jump on day 1. It can be fun to be first but it seems like it alway comes with some pain, gripes & grumbles. By about .3 or so, many of the issues will be solved.

25. etienneg macrumors newbie

What about iTunes?

What about iTunes with iPhoto and not finishing?