Apple Preparing Fix for Glitch Causing Lightning EarPods Remote to Stop Working

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Ploki macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2008
    just saying a touch sensor can still be a physical thing. Didn't know the changed hard reboot combo

Wasn't saying it necessarily is, just that it can be. You can physically interact with something that doesn't need software or power and isn't a clickable button.
  2. macintoshmac, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

macintoshmac macrumors 68000

May 13, 2010
    I am in no way trying to put you or anyone down here by saying this, but there was a time when Apple prided itself in thinking about any and all use cases and wanted its users to feel that "oh! they thought of that!" no matter how small or singular the use case be. Apple wanted to be that provider who cared.

Today, it is more about "Oh! They didn't think of EVEN this?!"

Do you really want more stickers? I am sure all of us here want top-brass usability and impeccable versatility and reliability. That is slightly dwindling at the moment. The Music app is nowhere as simple as it used to be, visually or functionally, both. For a 100 billion dollar company, this really is shameful.

People here are often times quick to look down on those people who lament upon lost versatility or feature-set simply in the name of progress. If they say they are unhappy about Apple removing the headphone jack, there are quick quips about never upgrading, going to Android, and what not. But, it is the use-cases, no matter how minor, that Apple wanted to also think of at one point of time, and it did it beautifully. On the Mac, running 10.2 Jaguar, I remember how thoughtful it was to see that while I am typing or whatever it is I am doing actively, no other window could steal my cursor or my focus to itself. This was in such stark contrast to Windows where any and all programs could play cricket and rugby and soccer with your focus. Say, you are typing something, and immediately, suddenly, you are typing into something else. On the Mac, this was taken care of, and that made me respect Apple and the designers of the software.

It hurts to see that today such subtle focus is being killed off, apps are nowhere as strict as they used to be in The Jaguar days (my beginning of Mac journey) right up to Snow Leopard. Today, on El Cap, Yosemite, Sierra, there are many times when I find that annoyance just like Windows. These are the things Apple needs to focus more on, their real user base, not animated chatbot-centric youth base for the purpose of making more money through selling stickers to kids than helping professionals and actual users have a rewarding and superior computing experience.
  3. mr.steevo macrumors 65816

Jul 21, 2004
    I'm not clear what you're saying regarding my post. My controls didn't work on my headset, I took it into the Apple store, I watch them take pocket lint out of the jack, and now I have no control issues.
  4. re_starkey macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2016
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016 ---
    Using the provided dongle with my old ear pods work great. But it makes it just long enough to get hung up on EVERYTHING!
    That is all . . .
  5. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

Jul 14, 2016
    Amazing...another Chinese made product not working correctly....who knew?
  6. Teon macrumors regular

Feb 14, 2016
    This innovation has become a crutch. It seems that Apple no longer love their users
  7. tipoo macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm still having this in october 2017...Did the software update fix all cases for everyone else?