Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

231154-247073958-2_500.jpg

Andrew Stern provided this photo of Apple already preparing the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts a week ahead of schedule. Apple just today invited select media to an event on March 2nd at 10 a.m. Pacific. While Apple is expected to release the new MacBook Pros tomorrow (Thursday), Apple is not holding a special media event for that launch.

The image doesn't match up with the invite which clearly hinted at an update to the iPad. Instead, it shows colorful dots surrounding an Apple logo. If anyone has a photo of the completed mural, please email us at webmaster@macrumors.com.

Article Link: Apple Preps Yerba Buena for Next Week's iPad Event

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
it's an Apple keynote without Steve again...:(
Apple just today invited select media to an event on March 2nd at 10 a.m. Pacific.
by the way, gizmodo is not invited again...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Davichi

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Lion will be under wrap until WWDC 2011. This event will be most likely for iOS 5.0 and iPad 2.

monstermac77

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Why aren't they prepping anything for the Macbook Pro :(

Do you guys think there will be an event for the Macbook Pro? Keynote or just website update?

Alexs45

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005

Do you guys think there will be an event for the Macbook Pro? Keynote or just website update?

100% straight apple.com refresh...unless everyone is fooled and this 3/2 event is MBP.

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
Next week's event is when Apple announce a refresh of this week's new MacBook Pros. This week Apple are essentially goofing on their biggest fans who will buy anything the moment it's released. Those who wait until next week will get the fastest MacBook Pros ever with the brand new design we've all been wanting.

Some Guy 555

macrumors regular
May 26, 2009

Assuming that the macbook pro update is happening tomorrow, then at the rate things are going there will be absolutely no keynote. What will happen is one hour tomorrow you will check apple.com/.ca and see "BAM new macbook pro front page.

This is what I expect, its what they did for the i5/i7 introduction.

AJ Predictions

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
Lethbridge, AB
Oooo... colorful dots. Does it mean something?? :eek:

But seriously, the March 2 event will probably hold more than just a second generation iPad. I'm expecting a release of iWork 11 either March 2 or tomorrow.

Tomple

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
New York, New York
Next week's event is when Apple announce a refresh of this week's new MacBook Pros. This week Apple are essentially goofing on their biggest fans who will buy anything the moment it's released. Those who wait until next week will get the fastest MacBook Pros ever with the brand new design we've all been wanting.

Have you seen the image that the invitation contained? It clearly shows an iPad, so are you sure this event will be MBP as well?

main.jpg

I for one believe it will be strictly iPad/portable media, but seeing all the "Thunderbolt" leaks I could be totally off :D

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
I have been getting loads of e-mails from apple saying to renew my developer profile. It expires in over a month but they really want me to renew it. It probably has nothing to do with it but I hope thins means iOS 5. This hopfuly will be a welcomes iOS upgrade, crossing for lodes of new features.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Lion will be under wrap until WWDC 2011. This event will be most likely for iOS 5.0 and iPad 2.

The latest news (rumors) are that a beta version of Mac OS X Lion is coming soon. Also, if the rumors of a complete UI overhaul are true, Developers will need plenty of time to get all of their Applications ready for the Summer release, waiting until WWDC will not give Developers enough time to get their Applications ready. If I remember correctly, Snow Leopard was in beta for more than a year (announced at WWDC 2008, released in August 2009).

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/22/mac-os-x-lion-to-have-user-interface-overhaul/

And while we already know some of the new features thanks to Apple’s preview, there are still a few surprises, apparently. One of these is a much-anticipated UI overhaul. But that means that developers are going to need to be ready when it rolls out. And along those lines, we’re hearing that a developer beta should begin soon.

unemployed

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco
Why the weird transparent corner? I don't get it?:confused:

Oh it was a screen grab of the invite. . .nevermind

Have you seen the image that the invitation contained? It clearly shows an iPad, so are you sure this event will be MBP as well?

main.jpg

I for one believe it will be strictly iPad/portable media, but seeing all the "Thunderbolt" leaks I could be totally off :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.