Apple Receives FCC Approval for iPhone X Ahead of October 27 Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 4, 2017.

1. bmelson0412 Suspended

Why hasn't Apple removed it from the iPhone X page then? It still says "iPhone X has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

2. otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

3. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Hmm not very good, but I guess you don’t need to pay for I at least?

4. flat five, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017

flat five macrumors 603

flat five

no iMac Pro for you?

personally, i have to buy another CNC router by year's end.. so iMac Pro and iPhone X are looking pretty cheap to me right now ;)

-----
    edit-
    granted, these are business expenses so not really the same thing i suppose.

5. citysnaps macrumors 68030

Who's making excuses?

I think it's pretty well known that some vendors are not able to make timely delivery of components in required volumes.

6. tridley68 macrumors regular

tridley68

I agree.

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Yeah, I don’t like it yet still getting it. It gives the iPhone a different look from Android so I am ok with it.

8. 4jasontv macrumors 6502a

I am excited for the notch too. Looks great!

9. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

10. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Well, given that this is a worldwide launch, and the iP6 sales were over 10 million for the first weekend and that only launched in a few countries... 12 million is quite constrained. "Heavily" maybe not, but it's definitely not as high as it needs to be.

11. EightyTwenty macrumors 6502

Thank goodness. I was really worried about this.

12. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

That’s weird, because any Apple product I’ve owned has lasted many years past 2 years. Countless desktops, iPods, iPhones, accessories. I’m sure it’s partly because most people are pigs when it comes to taking care of their devices.

Granted, I properlay care for my electronics. Apple always takes care of customers if there is a legitimate issue with manufacturing, and not lint, grime, or filth filling every orifice. They’ve replaced several of my devices before out of courtesy when they see I give a $&1+ about my property. I also make it a point to build a relationship with Apple employees, and they treat me like family in return.

Also, in my experience, if any Apple product that I’ve had makes it past an entire year of heavy use, I can pretty much rest assured that it will work until I mess it up.

Also, what’s another couple of hundred if you’re already spending $1000 for two years of accidental replacement and coverage/support? It’s a no-brainer.

Nickels and dimes.

13. ani4ani macrumors 6502a

So they all last , but Apple have replaced several devices? If they scrape past a year, they’re probably going to be ok? Quite a few contradictions to the assertion that they all last?

Apple Care is an absolute racket, typically costing 20% or more of the original purchase price, I.e if they have issues of less than 1 in 5, they are coining it in.

14. MH01, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Let's see how it plays out, ball is in out court. If a £1150 phone with a notch gets record sales , says a lot about the consumer, telling Tim he can release anything , if it does not perform, Tim will listen.... he will only listen to sales graphs.... interesting times
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017 ---
    Actually I remember when the 7 came out, Tim Cool raised the repair costs of older iPhones by 50%, what people have not been seeing is the constant cost increases from apple for support . Apple support was truly a great thing, and value for money, now things like a iPad Pro screen are £500 repair, out of service costs have doubled ....AppleCare constantly going up. An iPhone X with 2 warranty from apple is £1350. Tim Cook is Steve Balmer, yup bringing in the profits.... cause he is increasing the prices everywhere. Most fans here would not understand that, cause they upgrade each year. Though turn up to apple these days for a out of warranty repair....poor experience.

I should not say poor, as the staff are great, but their jobs made difficult due to greed these days where profits have to me maintained my cutting costs everywhere cause innovation is no leading the company.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017 ---
    £200 is not nickles and dimes. It's getting to the point where this, that is 20%..... have you ever bought insurance that was 20% value of the item?

I think I might have seen it once.... 20 year old male, 1000cc sports bike ;)

15. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Yep, you are right.
    When I read £1350 it makes my eyes water....One thousand three hundred and fifty pounds thats touching distance to a MacBook Pro, or decent second hand Sports bike!, crazy.

16. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

This is how absurd it is.

21.5 iMac £1050
    21.5 iMac retina £1250

iPhone x with 2 year warranty: £1350

17. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Forgot the iMac, it does put things into perspective.

18. ToM7 macrumors 6502

ToM7

Apple servers gonna get crazy and falling down on the 10.27
    And the traffic is gonna be insane

19. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

No reason why they should not. Given the high price and some already getting the 8. I'm certain this will not be the biggest pre-order in iPhone history

20. otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

And I still wish it had an audio jack. The 2016 MacBook Pro, weak as it may be, has a fantastic DAC which I wish had made its way into an iPhone.

21. Karma*Police macrumors 68000

You’re too logical for this forum. Get out lol

22. udayan81 macrumors member

When Apple makes it, people say its amazing. If some other company made it they would say its ugly lol

23. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Nah... I wasn't a fan of it... I just don't mind it very much. Especially since all of the notches are black.

24. BlueCreek macrumors regular

Upgrading from a launch day 6 Plus, should be a good upgrade, never felt the need to get rid of my current iphone due to the incremental updates it had been getting

25. Gutwrench Suspended

Gutwrench

Where’s the source for this?