Apple Registers Two More iPad Models in Eurasian Database

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today registered two unreleased iPad models in the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) database, using the model identifiers A2200 and A2232, according to listings uncovered by MySmartPrice and confirmed by MacRumors.

[​IMG]

Both iPad models are listed as running iPadOS, suggesting the devices will launch this fall.

The two identifiers follow five other new iPad model numbers that were added to the database earlier this month. As with the previous identifiers, it's unclear which models these numbers refer to, but it's worth noting that Apple has already released a new iPad mini and 10.5-inch iPad Air this year.

That leaves possible revisions to Apple's two iPad Pro models, which analyst Ming-Chi Kuo expects will enter mass production in the fourth quarter of 2019 or the first quarter of 2020.

There's also the prospect of a potential successor to the entry-level $329 iPad: A recent rumor suggested mass production of a new 10.2-inch iPad was set to start this month, so a launch could in the offing this fall.

[​IMG]

In addition to today's iPad filings, Apple also registered several Mac models, but all of them reference machines that are already available, suggesting the filings are simply being updated to reflect models shipping with macOS Catalina, also due to be released in the fall.

Similar EEC filings have preceded the launch of new Apple products on numerous occasions, including multiple iPad, iPad Pro, iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, and AirPods models. The filings are legally required for any encrypted devices sold in Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Russia.

Article Link: Apple Registers Two More iPad Models in Eurasian Database

2. WannaGoMac macrumors 68020

WannaGoMac

phew, i really needed more iPad sizes. But, I'm still holding out for the 8.5", 10.35", and the 11.286" models.

3. cgaw23 macrumors newbie

cgaw23

Prob right about the iPad Pro, I’ve noticed that the first one has been going on sale lately.

4. Roscorito macrumors member

Roscorito

7 iPads???

Some of them have just got to be the new pros then. Dammit, that 18 month upgrade cycle was much easier on the wallet.

Regarding the macs registered with existing codes, has that ever happened in the Eurasian database before? Any theories what that’s about?

5. Mactendo macrumors 68000

iPad Pro, iPad mini Pro, iPad Pro Pro, iPad Pro Pro Pro 15”, iPad micro Pro 4”, iPad Prooooo and iPad Probably Pro.

6. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

Welcome the new iPad and iPad Pros.

The old 18 month cycle may have made sense when Apple was focused on iPhone. With iPadOS, it’s doubtful Apple would simply keep the existing lineup without a refresh and call it a day.

7. Dave-Z macrumors 6502a

Apple wanted to wait 18 months to release the next model but needed to strengthen the chassis. ;)

8. Roscorito macrumors member

Roscorito

All together now:

iPadiPadiPad Pro
    iPad Pro
    iPad Pro
    iPadiPadiPad Pro
    iPadiPad Pro Pro

9. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

I guess releasing all these new models makes sense if they really want to push the iPad Pro as a replacement for the 12" MacBook when iPad OS arrives. If the new 9.7" iPad is increased in size to 10.2" that might be to make it big enough for a smart keyboard so it can get in on the game as well.

10. freddiecable macrumors 6502a

freddiecable

11. Sharkbait0000 macrumors newbie

Sharkbait0000

I would love an iPad mini pro. I work in the field and prefer the mini for work orders and emails. Fits easier into a tool bag. More comfortable to hold. Don’t need the screen real estate like some.

12. McTool macrumors 6502

McTool

Nobody forces you to buy anything. Still using an Air2. Works just fine.

13. Skyblve macrumors newbie

Skyblve

iPad 5 inch
    iPad 10 inch
    iPad Pro 11inch
    iPad Pro 13 inch
    iPad Pro 16 inch
    iPad Pro 16.1 inch
    iPad Pro 16.5 inch
    iPad Pro "empty out your wallet" inch
    What an innovation!

14. sledgehammer89, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019

sledgehammer89 macrumors regular

sledgehammer89

They can offer 1000s of iPad versions. Even with iPadOS the iPads are too much restricted. Apple cheat with iOS 13, don't tell the details. For example Apple say "automation" in Shortcuts App, but every automation is just a reminder. User interaction is needed. This is far away from running Shortcuts scripts automatically.
    Also USB drive support feels cheated. It's slow as hell with Lightning iPads (Pro 10.5") and most of my tested devices require the power supply connected.

(thumbs down)

15. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

It has been on many sales since feb lol

16. GoodWheaties macrumors 6502a

GoodWheaties

My guess would be either a slightly updated 9.7” model or smaller FaceID Pro model. Or possibly combing the 9.7” and 10.5” into one. WiFi and GPS for the two different models. But who knows.

17. NMBob macrumors 65816

Timmy must have made it to "F" in the dictionary.

18. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

19. Kinotto macrumors member

Kinotto

Ready to upgrade my “old” 12.9 pro, just first I need to make sure the new models don’t bend when looking at them

20. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

This is an incredibly tight and focused lineup of hardware

21. sockdoggy macrumors regular

Some pretty deep discounts right now and have to think new Pros are inevitable with more RAM for iPadOS.

22. onespeedvelo macrumors newbie

hope for an iPad Pro. I would have bought one of this year's new iPad mini and 10.5-inch iPad Air but the compatibility with the old pencil only was a bit too limiting. Now I really hope to get an iPad with an A13X processor.

23. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

So, if we count the previous five models, this make a total of 7 new iPad models to be released in the future, right? Probably next October. So that means, new iPad Pros at the end of this year, right? I'm so excited to see if they improve the memory and the storage, as well as the casing and maybe the screen. I'm not fan of OLED, because of the eye strain that many people has complained on the iPhone X forums, but... maybe they solved the way they dim the screen.

24. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

It’s always so tough to decide…

Should I go with a 9.7” or the new 10.2”?
    But what about a 10.5” - hmm
    ...or should I go up to the 11”?

You know what - I’m gonna just wait for a 9.9” I think.
    I had considered waiting for a 10.1”, but that is clearly way too big.

25. EvilEvil macrumors 6502a

EvilEvil