MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has registered eight Apple Watches and seven iPads in Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) filings discovered by Consomac.

iPad-and-watch-soon-2.jpg

The Apple Watch filings follow previous model identifiers, with the A2375, A2376, A2355, and A2356 likely being cellular models, and the A2291, A2292, A2351, and A2352 being GPS-only models. These likely encompass the upcoming Apple Watch Series 6. Apple Watch Series 6 parts were spotted in database filings earlier this month, and the new models are expected to feature blood oxygen monitoring.

The unannounced iPads use the previously unknown model identifiers A2270, A2316, A2072, A2324, A2325, A2428, and A2429. As the iPad model identifiers are split between two separate filings with different numbers of identifiers in each, two different iPads may be soon to release.

It is unlikely that the split is the result of filing the same iPad's cellular and WiFi-only models separately, as is the case with the Apple Watch filings. The two iPads may be updated iPad Pro models and redesigned iPad Air models, both of which have been rumored to arrive next month.

apple_eec_watches_ipads.jpg

Similar EEC filings have preceded the launch of new Apple products on numerous occasions, including multiple ‌iPad‌, ‌iPad Pro‌, ‌iPhone‌, Mac, Apple Watch, and AirPods models. The filings are legally required for any encrypted devices sold in Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Russia.

Earlier this month leaker Jon Prosser suggested that new Apple Watch and iPad models will launch in September, with the iPhone 12 event set to take place later in October. The filings effectively confirm that the release of new iPad and Apple Watch models is imminent.

Article Link: Apple Registers Unreleased Apple Watches and iPads in Eurasian Database

one more

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I would be super surprised if Apple updated iPad Pros after their recent refresh in the spring. Then again, substantially updating iPad Air now could negatively affect iPad Pro sales, so go figure. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: rp2011
Comment

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Will this Watch be based on a new design or is just an updated Series 4/5?

I bought the cheapest 5 in anticipation of the 6 being a significant upgrade since the 5 was virtually identical to the 4 except for the AOD.

Comment

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Twice as many Watch filings. Perhaps they will release an “SE” model to replace the Series 3 as the less expensive model.

Comment

InTeCredo

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2017
Didn't anyone notice that the new iPad Pro with LiDAR scanner has been released a few days ago?

Comment

Seanm87

macrumors 68000
Oct 10, 2014
Will take a lot to tempt me to upgrade from my iPad Pro 2018 and series 4.

If they’re just press releases they will be minor updates.

Reactions: RevTEG
Comment

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone as Jon Prosser literally told everyone the week it was coming out via a press release. Expect these devices in 2 weeks.

Comment

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I’m interested in the new Apple Watch, I have the S4 and will probably upgrade, especially if it has better health tracking and battery life. I can’t see there being new iPad Pro’s, they updated them just a few months ago.

Reactions: Agile55
Comment

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Twice as many Watch filings. Perhaps they will release an “SE” model to replace the Series 3 as the less expensive model.
you think apple will release an Apple Watch "SE" version ? i guess others miss understood you...and thought you are talking about iphone SE
And yes, i heard that an cheaper AW can come this year or next

Comment

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
I was actually thinking the Apple Watch wouldn’t come right away - although I find it really strange new iPad Pro models already?

im hoping for big updates to both but seems unlikely with no event

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.