Apple released W10 BootCamp support ( BootCamp 6 ) - no support for systems before 2012

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by macenied, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Squuiid macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it seems that for some reason this only happens with a GTX 680 ME.
    Odd.

2. iMAK79 macrumors newbie

BootCamp 6 worked perfectly on my iMac "Mid 2011" with 256 GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series.

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    2. Edited BootCamp.msi using Orca, deleted the three lines as shown in the screenshot below and saved the .msi file.

[​IMG]

3. I deleted the installation file inside the folder RealTek, it was freezing the installation. However, my iMac is not needed for RealTek driver.

[​IMG]

4. Run the BootCamp.msi and installed all the required drivers without a single issue.

[​IMG]

5. SATA AHCI was enabled automatically. I didn't modify anything. Means I am using the full speed of the SSD.

[​IMG]

6. By default, in the Power, Sleep was not enabled, I only have Hibernate, Shut down and Restart.

If you need any more info let me know.

Thank you everyone who participated in this useful thread.

Attached Files:

3. goMac macrumors 603

Do you still have it on your Dropbox? I could use a link if so. My newer Mac already downloaded it, so I don't have any source to copy it from for my older Mac.

4. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

Yeah, I'll PM you! :)

5. Jamie-30 macrumors member

Nope. the only options I have are startup disk, remote and power

6. ifraaank macrumors regular

ifraaank

Still have the files? I can't get the BootCamp HUD working... (volume up/down and media controls...)

7. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

Shot you a link via PM!

8. LEOMODE macrumors regular

Hey,

I also have 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 with El Capitan and Windows 10 for Boot Camp.
    I recently purchased Apple genuine BT4.0/Wifi AC module from eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252317542350?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I currently am facing below issues:

1) in Mac OSX, the module was installed natively and I see YES for all 3 options (handoff, continuity, and low energy). However, in Yosemite (I made a different partition to try to see if it was a hardware issue), I can do Airdrop/Handoff/Continuity just fine but in El Capitan I can't do neither. I tried deleting bluetooth.plist, overwriting El Cap's cloudpaird with Yosemite's, and other stuff I saw it on the post. No luck still.

2) in Windows 10, Wifi driver was installed via DriverBooster app, but BT driver can't be found. I tried installing Boot Camp 5.1's driver as well as 6.0 driver by manually installing Apple Broadcom Bluetooth (can't recall exactly what the name was), but my Logitech MX Master and Magic Trackpad 2 can't be installed. It keeps saying it didn't work.

3) With one driver, I managed to pair my Logitech MX Master mouse, but it gets disconnected intermittently. It's not as smooth as previously with my BT4.0 USB dongle (MX Master only supports 4.0 or above for low energy).

In terms of your solution, are you saying that the drivers you provided will suffice in terms of installing Magic Trackpad 2 and other stuff? What BT/Wifi module did you get for your Mac Pro? Lastly, do they work fine in El Capitan too?

9. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

I recently sold my 5,1 so I can't test things out anymore, but I recall having some issues with native continuity/handoff in 10.11 as well. I was using the card provided on MacVidCards site. I did get everything working without issue by using the activation tool which freely is floating around the net. I was having to do it every time apple updated something BTW.

Never had any bluetooth/wifi issues in Win 10 with the MVC card.

My driver solution was purely for new magic apple accessories (updating keyboard/mouse/trackpad drivers) so that they would work properly in Windows 10. 5,1 driver/bootcamp support has been officially mothballed by Apple.

10. LEOMODE, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

LEOMODE macrumors regular

Aw, that's a bummer that you sold it. So even if you installed the genuine module, you still used the activation tool? I thought it was only for people who just bought the dongle. I'll give that a try because I don't want to use Yosemite (the most reason being is that I only have a Time Machine backup for El Capitan, I like El Capitan's Split View, and Restore is not retroactive).

Oh, so you're saying even when you installed MVC's module, the drivers for BT/Wifi were detected/installed automatically? That's very strange because mine didn't. And the only issue you had was Magic apple accessories not functioning properly because of the Boot Camp drivers offered by Apple, right?

Hmm, I don't know what's wrong with my module hardware then if everyone says they don't have any issue in Windows 10 in terms of detecting the drivers.

11. bookemdano macrumors member

Unfortunately I'm just now attempting this and I see the link is dead as of last week. Does anyone have a working link for the AppleBCupdate.exe file? Much appreciated!

12. carlosvicente macrumors newbie

carlosvicente

13. ahmede, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016

ahmede macrumors member

Please help me with this problem when trying to install bootcamp 6

It states i have a newer version installed even though i have version 5 installed

I modified the bootcamp file with Orca

Currently have bootcamp 5 installed. Upgraded from windows 8.1

My biggest concern is that i can't create a restore point.

Macbook pro late 2011[​IMG][​IMG]

14. iPhoNewsRO macrumors newbie

iPhoNewsRO

15. iPhoNewsRO macrumors newbie

iPhoNewsRO

16. ahmede macrumors member

Anyone experiencing battery drain ? Im getting half the battery usage compared to win 8.1

17. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Then I would just download it and store it locally so I don't even need to worry about it being pulled by MEGA.
    Thanks anyway.

18. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

You might need to uninstall "Apple Software Update" on your computer before installing boot camp 6.

19. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Has anyone got these instructions successfully working with an early 2011 Macbook Pro? I followed the instructions but the keyboard 'special' keys don't work ( volume etc ) and bluetooth still doesn't work correctly,

20. Sick macrumors newbie

Sick

I updated to WIN10 on my iMac (Mid 2011) and have the following problems:
    - Volume and brightness adjust keys don't work.
    - DVD reader don't work too.
    I tried to install BootCamp 6 drivers and it don't work:
    - When I run "Setup.exe", it appears that "it don't work on this model"
    - When I run "BootCam.msi" with the cmd, it appears that "BootCam requires windows 7"
    - Und when I modify "BootCamp.msi" with ORCA und then run it with the cmd, an error window appears.
    How can I this solve?
    I will greatful with any help.
    (Sorry for my bad english)

21. Stella, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016

Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Regarding the boot camp issues of not running review this thread.. There is a link to bootcamp 6.

Volume and other keys won't work unless you successful install BC6 drivers ( and working properly ).

You can't prevent the setup.exe from displaying this error, that is why you must run the bootcamp.msi instead.

22. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

You need 2 Apple keyboard entries in device manager for the special keys to work.
    Try to install Apple keyboard driver for each and every USB Input Device till it picks up the driver for the right device. You also need bootcamp app installed to switch the function from special to brightness/volume etc.

The same applies for Magic Mouse.

23. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Thanks for the reply. I've installed the bootcamp drivers via the bootcamp.msi but this didn't get get the Bluetooth keyboard or MacBook special keys to work, or
    Bluetooth.

24. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

I went ahead and tried to install windows 10 on my 2011 iMac again, but i ran into a big problem. My internal dvd drive is inoperative (won't read burned dvd discs anymore.)

I tried using an external bluray drive, and a usb version of the windows 10 boot usb (modified the bootcamp perf file) but i can't get it to recognize the install media. my iMac is also too old for an efi boot install.

Any ideas short of replacing the drive, which i an very reluctant to do?

25. Braintrash, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016

Braintrash macrumors newbie

Nevermind, I am keeping Windows 7, that will be for the best.