Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

tobyg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
What’s New in Boot Camp Beta 1.3
Boot Camp Beta 1.3 has been updated to run on the latest Intel-based Mac computers and to provide bug fixes for the following:

* Support for keyboard backlighting (MacBook Pro only)
* Apple Remote pairing
* Updated graphics drivers
* Improved Boot Camp driver installer
* Improved international keyboard support
* Localization fixes
* Updated Windows Help for Boot Camp

Retired
May 16, 2006
I guess it doesn't do much/anything for machines apart from the SR MBPs...

Zianac

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
Florida
Does this mean I don't have to download the ndvidia drivers for the new MBP like i had to yesterday?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases Bootcamp 1.3

Apple released Boot Camp 1.3 today.

Boot Camp 1.3 beta includes:

- Support for keyboard backlighting (MacBook Pro only)
- Apple Remote pairing
- Updated graphics drivers
- Improved Boot Camp driver installer
- Improved international keyboard support
- Localization fixes
- Updated Windows Help for Boot Camp

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
I noticed this was posted and then the download on Apple's site was still 1.2 =p It was then taken down for like three minutes and now it's up again, haha.

Apple's servers are crawling, though :(

Why exactly did BootCamp jump 136MB in one revision, though? It's getting to be an awfully ridiculous download.

segfaultdotorg

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2007
I'm disappointed not to see "improved wireless keyboard support" on the list. As it stands, my wireless Mighty Mouse works fine in XP, but the keyboard needs a power cycle each time I boot into Windows.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Makes sense that we would see a new version following the release of the new MacBook Pro's this past Tuesday.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Stupid question... if you've installed Bootcamp already, can you install this update without going through the whole windows installation all over again?

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
64bit please

Ummm....

Assuming you're on a Core 2 Duo-based Mac and you're installing a 64-bit version of Windows, aren't you pretty much home-free?

Of course, the Boot Camp-supplied drivers are possibly 32-bit only versions, but for the standard components (e.g. not IR, backlight, etc.) surely it's possible to simply install 64-bit versions of the drivers as supplied by the manufacturer?

conshok26

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
it says improved graphics driver...does anyone know if this could help the my heat issue i have with vista on my MBP which causes it to shut off when it gets hot?

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003

/hugs GameCube.

Apple and Nintendo... keeping my home Microsoft-free for over a decade now. :)

... oh and the occasional app that isn't available for Mac just yet.

Which, in my experience, aren't worth the effort. If an app (including games) is good enough, it makes it over to the Mac. I love when Windows users slam Macs for a lack of games. To be clear, it's a lack of second-tier games that most people really don't give a crap about.

But, where I see Windows on a Mac being especially useful is in business settings, especially where you have mixed-platform work environments. I'm hoping I can talk my employer into letting me getting a new Mac with Parallels soon, so I can dump my PC and go back to having one computer.

SeanMcg

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
!!!YES!!!!
I got my new MBP (15.4" 2.4GHz, 2GB, 160GB non-glossy) on Tuesday afternoon (I live VERY close to an Apple Store), and spent yesterday installing Windwows, and VMWare Fusion Beta.

For those who would wonder why, it is very simple. Some of us live and work in both worlds and would prefer not to purchase the junk hardware that is a typical WINTEL box. I like the fact that VMWare can use the Boot Camp partition as one of its virtual drives. That gives me a couple of different ways to launch Windows depending on my needs. This update will provide the drivers I need to improve the video performance.

REALLY liking the new machine right now...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Ossum! :D
I hope the new video drivers stop HL2 Ep1 crashing on me with HDR turned on.

I feel good inside. Somehow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.