Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afawcett

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
San Diego
Do they have an API for websites for desktop apps/ websites to know if they OS is set to dark mode? I've seen dark mode supported by more and more apps/sites, but you have to toggle it manually. It's nice Apple Apps adjust automagically, and I would like to see the same done by 3rd parties.

scooter mcapple

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
Do you guys recommend downloading iPadOS 13 beta on my iPad pro? Or does it still have a ton of bugs?
I have both my iPad in beta using IPadOS and the 5th version of iPhone beta 13. Not really buggy where you can’t use. Mail defaults to a blank page but that’s easy enough to go back to all inboxes

Xirian

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
I have both my iPad in beta using IPadOS and the 5th version of iPhone beta 13. Not really buggy where you can’t use. Mail defaults to a blank page but that’s easy enough to go back to all inboxes
So it's safe to use if all I really do on my iPad is Reddit using the Apollo app and play the game of Life with my nieces?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Of course. After all, you have backups and aren't running a beta on a production device. Right?
You automatically assume this? Ok.
[doublepost=1565445579][/doublepost]
I honestly don't know if someone has asked this yet but, where is Spotlight on iPad OS? I swear I can't find it! Thanks in advance.
There is effectively no spotlight in iPadOS besides swiping down from home screen or press command + space key for keyboard to invoke spotlight anywhere, thanks to that confusingly changed widget design. Basically, if you don’t have keyboard of any kind, good luck using spotlight within an app.

jwm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Redondo Beach, California
Has anybody run into any eSIM issues upgrading, specifically losing eSIM if you're a postpaid T-Mobile customer?
I’m on the EE network in the UK. I tried to convert to an esim from a SIM card and the camera would not recognise the QR code. It would scan for the code, but would chop off part of the code and not be able to read it correctly. That was on Beta 4, so maybe it’s fixed in this one.

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you do delete the mail app and reinstall while preserving your accounts? I only have 2 POP accounts in Mail so will those accounts be preserved?

Not a stupid question at all.

The accounts live on a server, which is why you can access them from multiple devices. The Mail app is just a portal to the accounts on the server. Deleting the Mail app will not and can not delete the accounts.

POP? Not IMAP?

Do keep in mind that emails downloaded from a POP account are removed from the server. IMAP leaves a copy of the email on the server, allowing you to download the same emails on multiple devices.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
This beta is really weird. Dynamic wallpapers don’t show in the selection screen, darkening of the current wallpaper doesn’t work, folder transparency is off...
Welcome to the new kind of folder transparency in iOS 13 :)

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
How is the battery time on this beta? I went back to iOS 12 after the fifth beta as I found that my phone was driving very fast, particularly when streaming music to AirPlay devices...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.