Apple Releases First Beta of iOS 11.1 for Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

I certainly hope so. Since iOS11 my iPad regularly stops charging at night then runs the battery to zero. This is a huge PITA as I rely on it for reading work materials on my commute. Same thing happens to my wife’s iPad Mini, 3 different chargers and cables

By a country mile this has been the worst iOS I have experienced - been on iPhone since the 3G and iPad since version 1

2. ahunt01 macrumors member

ahunt01

I wish this was the case too, but he’s being sarcastic about the 5 days thing.

3. Mrjynx macrumors member

New update is running better on my 6s. Still weird bugs though but overall it is a step in the right direction. Still don’t have my 3D Touch gesture back though. Guess that’s 11.2

4. therunningman macrumors newbie

Battery life is TERRIBLE in this build. CPU usage runs at least 40%-60% constantly with no apps running. Even putting phone into battery saving mode does nothing.

Bug has been reported.

5. python0704 macrumors regular

python0704

11.0.1. I don't wanna do beta on 6+ anymore. It just can't handle beta now. I can't go back to 10 because my watch is 4 and it requires 11. Luckily 11.0.1 feel better than GM for whatever reason. I will try 11.1 once it became official, hope it really improve on 6+.

6. Raymonddtduong macrumors newbie

Raymonddtduong

I guess the appropriate reply is “you no english?” The guy obviously cant read nor understand

7. BigJohno macrumors 65816

I wish IOS wasn't such a dumpster fire every release. Why does the Mac OS team seem to nail it every release yet iOS is full of bugs... Hey Apple stop spending so much time on Emoji's... FIX YOUR OS!!

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you look into the macOS forums you'll see the opposite sentiment from quite a few people. Interesting how that works.

9. ryansc375 macrumors newbie

At least for me, the performance seemed much faster after installing 11.1 and doing a full wipe. I then ran Antutu (which I know has it's flaws) and it corresponded to my real world findings. In addition, battery life is much better as well.

Attached Files:

10. archvile macrumors regular

archvile

I can leave my iPad off the charger and it will last like a month without dying, sounds like something is wrong with both of yours. And possibly an electrical wiring problem if they both stop charging for no reason.

11. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Here’s a tip. If you have eyes only for the problems in the software, you close your eyes and your heart to the benefits and the accomplishments of said software, and nothing Apple does will ever be enough.

iOS has come a long way from its early beta days. The Apple team has clearly put in a lot of work into ironing out the kinks and it shows. There will always be bugs, but I feel iOS 11 is pretty stable and more than ready for prime-time.

12. ApolloMessiah macrumors newbie

what model iphone u are running?

is the 11.1 beta worth it on IP6? i just installed the 11.01 update and it seems ot be faster than 11.0

13. bwillwall macrumors 6502a

bwillwall

Am I the only one that thinks the Siri icon just keeps getting uglier? I don't get why they changed it drastically after iOS 7 as Siri was one of the most beautiful things on 7 if you ask me.

14. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

iOS 10 Siri is where it's at for me.

15. WalterTizzano macrumors regular

WalterTizzano

I never heard such a rule. Anyway it's appalling that a release that basically introduced nothing (especially on the iPhone 6 that can't do AR or live pictures) screw up performances. Basically the new iOS is a step backwards: no features whatsoever and worse performance and stability.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's nothing new in iOS 11 at all (aside form AR type of stuff)?

17. Polpol1 macrumors newbie

Polpol1

Battery time for my 6s has halved since iOS11. It sent me back to the good old 4s times where I had to walk around with battery packs to make it to the end of the day. How a horrible update like this one can get through to the public is a huge question for me. Or is it a deliberate thing to make people buy a new phone? :mad:

18. chucker23n1 macrumors 6502a

chucker23n1

Yup. iOS 10's Siri icon seems the best by a long shot.

19. bbbbbbb macrumors newbie

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

11.1 hasn't even made it out of beta yet; 11.1.1 is a ways away.

21. Virensharma macrumors newbie

Virensharma

man thats very low...i got 3 hours ''' its!!!!

22. godrifle macrumors 6502

godrifle

Apple’s mistake IMHO is tying the release of new iOS versions to hardware. I understand why they do it, but it’s the root cause of unfinished software.

23. Barbs macrumors 6502

Does this version support faster wireless charging?

24. doclionel macrumors newbie

Did you ever figure this out? It’s driving me nuts.

25. Keirasplace macrumors 68040

Got a 6s and have no such things, check your apps if they're not going rogue or their settings (push or the like) has been reset.