Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trajano

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2015
After going through the final beta I didn't think it was ready for prime time to begin with. But marketing schedules drive the product. At least Jobs had the decency to release Snow Leopard with no new (user visible) features.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Update is garbage!!

Severe overheating on charging to 100% for iPhone 7!

Pulled off charger felt like it almost burned my hand!

Powering off for 10mins then will power back on off charger. Already cooling down off charger.

snowboarder

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2007
Update is garbage!!

Powering off for 10mins then will power back on off charger. Already cooling down off charger.

What? English please

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
There's an issue on the iPhone 8+ (maybe also the 8) where there is a buzzing or light pop sound coming from the ear piece. It doesn't happen on all calls, and has been observed over different types of calling paths (VoLTE, Wi-Fi, etc.).
Now i get what you are saying.

calzon65

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
This is the first time I have not upgraded to a new version the moment it was released. It's hard to resist the allure of a new IOS, but I'm going to continue to wait.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A patch this fast is also a sign of a rushed os11 software release /poor QA...

Too much BS work and PR on animoji;) lol. Now hat that’s out of the way real work can be done on the OS.

iOS 11 is the first time that I am seeing "delayed typing/keyboard lag" on an iPhone.
This brings back the horror memories from Xperia days of mine.

Seriously, I don't necessarily type that fast but letters take 1sec to show up and trust me it doesn't sound that bad, but the lag is extremely noticeable, something never happened to me on iOS.

Edit - only happens on 6 and not Air 2, and I know the device is 3 years old but I'm not sure how task heavy is "keyboard" enough to lag when texting someone.

I recall that horror. I’m initially seeing it signing in on my iPhone 7 but rebooting now. Typing this no lag.

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Does anyone think its a bit odd that the tried and tested iOS 11 with thousands upon thousands of beta testers that was given the "all clear" for download last Wednesday.
It then crippled many phones and two days later apple launch iPhone 8!!....no I'm NOT making this up!!

Reminds me of the Charlie Chaplain movie where the young lad throws a stone at a window, and seconds later Charlie arrives glass on his back ready to re-glaze!

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Does anyone think its a bit odd that the tried and test iOS 11 with thousands upon thousands of beta testers and was given the all clear for download last Wednesday.
It then crippled many phones and two days later apple launch iPhone 8!!
Crippled many phones? What does any of that have to do with this update?

FrenchRoasted

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Update is garbage!!

:eek: - was going to wait for the 1st update, now will wait for 2nd or 3rd update before moving from iOS 10.

justint1989

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2017
OTA for iPhone 8 Plus is 286.6MB
Going to download now. Hopefully it fixes the animation stutter.

blairian89

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
Texas
Waiting for the full file to download through iTunes and install on my new 8. Wonder what, if any, things that it fixes.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Does anyone think its a bit odd that the tried and test iOS 11 with thousands upon thousands of beta testers and was given the all clear for download last Wednesday.
It then crippled many phones and two days later apple launch iPhone 8!!

Reminds me of the Charlie Chaplain movie where the young lad throws a stone at a window, and seconds later Charlie arrives glass on his back ready to re-glaze!

watch this for a better perspective.

Reactions: mi7chy and deany

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
A patch this fast is also a sign of a rushed os11 software release /poor QA...

No, it's just continued improvement over the past few weeks. Heaven forbid they continue to work on the OS for the rest of the year, and parts of next year.

I'm gonna go with it's a combination of both.:) It's one of the reasons I love for early adopters to rush downloading software. They pay a debt I don't have to pay. <--- No snark. Dead serious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.