Apple Releases iOS 11.0.2 Update With Fix for iPhone 8 Crackling Earpiece Issue

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 3, 2017.

1. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services (last at the bottom)>Motion Calibration and Distance- switch off

Hope that helps.

2. iop macrumors regular

iOS 11? Cool! But I'm back to iOS 10 and have no desire to upgrade.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

"This update includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone or iPad."
    It's a theory, but that's really all that is so far.

4. mgauss7 macrumors member

mgauss7

My wife (picture of Avatar) upgraded and she did not provide her iCloud password and her phone got completely confused, messages were labeled as if from other people, emails wouldn't send, it was a mess. Then we put her Apple ID and password into the iPhone 6 Plus and it all fixed itself as we were watching, it was like Data from Star Trek NG was working it and all fixed itself.

5. iamaydo macrumors newbie

iamaydo

I’m on iOS 11.0.2 on an iPhone 6s Plus and everything is very stable on this end.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017 ---
    No, please. Let’s have Apple stop working on quickly releasing a bug fix to address the issue while they mobilize a massive effort to track down the exact number of people affected by that issue and issue an exact number, to satisfy your needs.

6. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502

MisterAndrew

My iPhone 7 had crackling issues with the earpiece after the iOS 11 update, so it's not just an iPhone 8 issue.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or that could be a somewhat different issue.

8. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I would do this too, except for the drive-by Bluetooth bug that's in iOS versions before 11. Since I have an Apple Watch and Bluetooth headphones, it's too big a pain to keep my iPhone's Bluetooth turned off. So I'm living with the crap battery life right now...

But my iPad is another matter. I don't use it with Bluetooth much - so it's staying on 10.3.3 for the foreseeable future.

9. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502

MisterAndrew

I've noticed a battery drain problem on my iPhone 7 with iOS 11 as well. It turned on push for my mail accounts so I turned that off back to fetch. That helped a lot, but it still seems to drain faster than it did on iOS 10.

10. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

The other day I received a FaceTime call, turned on my bluetooth headphones and my iPhone 7 decided to start playing my music library to me! App wasn't running and tried stopping it in control centre, nothing! Play/Pause button didn't work. Stuck listening to music while trying to have a conversation...
    So hope thats fixed....

11. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Why?

12. godrifle macrumors 6502

godrifle

Correction. They can. They just choose not to.

13. JosephAW macrumors 65816

JosephAW

My iPhone finally automatically downloaded iOS 11.0.1 and notified me. It was immediately deleted to preserve my 32 bit apps, user experience restoring 1.5gb of storage. Now I have that stupid (1) on the settings app for the next two years.

14. potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

Your lucky, my 7+ has been draining like crazy and all of sudden my brightness is changing even though I have auto brightness off. My iPad 2017 battery is draining quick as well. Don't know why the battery drain is only affecting some and not all.

15. uni macrumors newbie

uni

How's that low volume bluetooth fix coming along guys?

16. Munibeast macrumors newbie

Since 11.0.2 I can no longer multi select apps on the home screen. It was a bit wonky before the update but now it’s impossible. Can anyone confirm that?

17. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Nope still works perfectly for me on 11.0.2. The trick is to hold until the wiggle then move the first icon a little until the x in the corner goes away. Then just tap the other icons you want to put into the stack and they just stack up.

18. iop macrumors regular

Because ios 11 didn't add anything that could be of use to me (i.e. a file management system) but did take a small performance hit. I feel that ios 10 for iphone 6 and ipad air 2 is the sweet spot.

19. deyerseve69 macrumors member

Does anyone have an issue with the first gen Apple Watch where the exercise ring doesn’t work since updating to iOS 11?

20. chucker23n1 macrumors 6502a

chucker23n1

Works fine here. Series 0.

21. Munibeast macrumors newbie

You’re right, still working. Thanks for the tip!

22. Fishels macrumors regular

Which iPad do you have? And do you have battery issues?

23. Dr_Bob macrumors newbie

Dr_Bob

No! I have big trouble with the BT connection with my BMW. With iOS 10 and 11.0 with iPhone 7 no problems. With the iPhone 8 and iOS 11.0.1 and 11.0.2 the connection gets lost when talking and the BMW headunit is rebooting! Yesterday the complete navigation system lost all settings after such a reboot.

It is impossible to use the telephone in the car!

24. Riversen macrumors member

Riversen

Does anyone know if it fixed the CarPlay tinny sound that can only be heard via the cable and not via bluetooth?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017 ---
    NOTE: this only occurs when talking on the phone via the lightening connect using CarPlay, by the way. Music, Podcasts, etc. are fine.

25. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I have the iPad Mini 4, and it works fine on 10.3.3 with no obvious battery problems.