Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded a beta of iOS 13.1 that's designed to work with the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.

The new beta can be installed over-the-air after installing the proper profile from the Apple Developer Center.

ryanscoolios13thumbnail-800x450.jpg

With the new iOS 13.1 beta, the new iPhone models released tomorrow will be able to be updated to iOS 13.1. That will allow beta testers who have already upgraded their prior devices to iOS 13.1 to use an iCloud backup to do a data transfer.

An iPhone backup taken on an iPhone running iOS 13.1 cannot be transferred to an iPhone running iOS 13, which means those who have upgraded will need to also upgrade their new 2019 iPhones before being able to restore from a backup.

iOS 13.1 introduces several features that were announced at WWDC but were removed from iOS 13 over the beta testing period. Shortcuts Automations is back, allowing Shortcuts users to create personal and home automations from the Shortcuts app to have actions performed automatically when specific conditions occur.

Share ETA, a major maps feature, is also available once again in iOS 13.1. With Share ETA, you can share your estimated time of arrival to a location with a friend or family member.

Other new features include new icons on the volume indicator when headphones or speakers are connected (with icons for AirPods, Beats headphones, and HomePod), more detailed HomeKit icons in the Home app, and updates to Dynamic Wallpapers.

Mouse support, an accessibility option in iOS 13, has been improved in iOS 13.1 allowing a long press or 3D Touch to be mapped to the right click function of the mouse. Reading goals now include PDFs, Nike+ is now just Nike, and iOS 13.1 supports HEVC video encoding with alpha channels.

There are some other smaller changes in iOS 13.1, which are outlined in our original iOS 13.1 article. iOS 13.1 is set to launch on Tuesday, September 24.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 13.1 Developer Beta for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and Pro Max

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
How do you differentiate long press options for a link now?
Until now,long press tou had the option to open the link or open in background
Now with iphone 11 without 3d touch how do you go in preview link?

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
You can. Using iTunes, Option + Click the "Update" button and select the iOS 13 GM IPSW.

Although this works, it comes with issues.

what kind of issues? trying to figure out how best to get my wife on her new phone.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Oh this is nice. What’s everyone been complaining about?
For the 2nd year in a row I’ve missed the beta period and just waited for the public release. All I’ve read is people warning against iOS 13. But so far this is running beautifully. Definitely ready for prime time, don’t bother waiting until the 30th with 13.1, upgrade now!

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Oh this is nice. What’s everyone been complaining about?
For the 2nd year in a row I’ve missed the beta period and just waited for the public release. All I’ve read is people warning against iOS 13. But so far this is running beautifully. Definitely ready for prime time, don’t bother waiting until the 30th with 13.1, upgrade now!
Now its 24th so just 5 days until ios13.1

Reactions: skillwill

jrtaylor

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

Anyone have any good ideas about my problem:

I am on public beta 13.1 on my 8 Plus and picking up my 11 Pro tomorrow. I won't be able to restore from my iCloud backup as it is of a newer version that is on the new 11 Pro.

I was thinking about setting up the 11 Pro as a new phone, downloading the public beta profile, upgrading it to 13.1, resetting, then setting it up and restoring from my iCloud backup.

But will a public 13.1 beta be out tomorrow for me to upgrade the 11 Pro to?

jwh49

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2014
So you first install iOS 13.1 beta 4 on the new iPhone 11 and then there's an over the air update specifically for the new iPhone 11s?

Reactions: d_an_2014

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Hi,

Anyone have any good ideas about my problem:

I am on public beta 13.1 on my 8 Plus and picking up my 11 Pro tomorrow. I won't be able to restore from my iCloud backup as it is of a newer version that is on the new 11 Pro.

I was thinking about setting up the 11 Pro as a new phone, downloading the public beta profile, upgrading it to 13.1, resetting, then setting it up and restoring from my iCloud backup.

But will a public 13.1 beta be out tomorrow for me to upgrade the 11 Pro to?
same question, will upgrading a stock new iphone to the beta line work to restore a 13.1 beta backup? ...

Zeca

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2017
Apple Pay Cash showing on the wallet app here in UK, for me at least but not yet able to activate and Apple new+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.