Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Has anybody tried this beta on an iPhone 4? I know the performance is abhorrent on the 4 but I'm wondering if this update makes it tolerable ...

...it's been out for all of 15 minutes. No one with an iPhone 4 even has it installed yet (or, if they do, they haven't for long enough to pass judgement).

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
The new natural voice for Siri will be the same one some users reported seeing all of a sudden on Beta 4. I woke up one morning and it had changed without any notice.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
New Caps Lock Key:

CUZSMHM.png

6ElEfzw.png

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today released the fifth beta of iOS 7.1 to registered developers for testing purposes, following the release of the fourth iOS 7.1 beta on January 20. The update has a build number of 11D5145e and is available via an over-the-air update and through Apple's developer center website.

According to the release notes, iOS 7.1 beta 5 includes new natural-sounding Siri voices for English (Australia), English (United Kingdom), Japanese, and Chinese (Mandarin - China). It also notes that a compact version of Siri is bundled with the release for the new languages, but can be expanded to the more natural voice after install.Earlier betas of iOS 7.1 have introduced a number of features, including "Button Shapes" in Accessibility, more prominence for Touch ID and Passcode options, a new look for several aspects of the Phone dialer and shutdown screen, a new animation for "Slide to Unlock" and a slightly revamped color for the Phone, FaceTime, and Messages app icons.

Details on features in past beta releases can be found in our previous beta posts: Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Beta 4.

Today's update also includes Xcode 5.1 Developer Preview 5 and a new version of the Apple TV beta software.

Update: iOS 7.1 beta 5 includes redesigned shift and caps lock keys on the keyboard.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 5 to Developers

Anyone that has gotten it yet?

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
a question that is always asked

I there only a fifth beta then we receive the GM version or could it drag on for a bit longer

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
a question that is always asked

I there only a fifth beta then we receive the GM version or could it drag on for a bit longer

Nobody knows except for Apple. But the build number is not that much bigger than the previous beta, suggesting that we are getting close.

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
THANK YOU.
They fixed the caps/shift key. It was impossible to determine, even after using for an extended chunk of time, which was which when autocaps was enabled and you fudged up a capitalized word.

kwokaaron

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
London, UK
To be clear, Shift is still a white button with a black arrow. The images I posted are Caps Lock (double-tap for all caps).

omg i didn't know caps lock existed until now, lol. I used to just hold onto the shift button for the desired effect. Thanks for the tip! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.