Apple Releases iOS 9.0.2 With Bug Fixes, Performance Improvements

Norskman

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
Anybody experiencing calendar navigation problems? I monthly view, I cannot tap into a future date. The only way to drill in is to tap the "today" button and swipe through the days or weeks.
I have the same problem you do where tapping days in Calendar month view does not go into that day. This is still happening in 9.0.2 for me. A workaround that seems to be pretty consistent is just double tapping the day you want to view and it should open.

Reactions: the-oz-man

TheAustrianGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
Interestingly, my iP6+ installed the update without complaining, even though it was at 47% battery. As far as I can remember, it wasn't possible to do an OTA update at <50% battery until, well, now :)

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I don't see:

- Fixes issues where we turn your 12 month old device into a sluggish POS to try and make you buy a new device.
I'm sure you forgot your sarcasm tag! ;) But, if you did not, then, you do realize that newer OS means more stuff going on and that older hardware cannot run them as fast as the newer hardware, right? If Apple were to keep releasing OS that ran as fast on the older hardware then we might as well just stick to the first version of iOS.

Think of it this way. Say there are three versions of a car out there: 200HP, 300HP, and 400HP. No matter how you tweak the ECU, a 200HP car won't perform the same as 400HP even if the ECU is running the same software.

unintelligible

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2007
Oh, boy, this one is pretty bad. I'm using an alphanumeric passcode on my phone. After the update, upon first login you get the "must enter your passcode" screen. So I started entering it, and boom, the keyboard locks up! It took me about 5 tries to get in because the keyboard would freeze in the middle of entering the text. Luckily I can type fast... yikes. Anyone else have this problem?

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
iOS 9 has a serious lag on my iphone 5, try running music app connect to your car tape thru usb lightning
and run google maps for navigation at the same time and then multitask between email and imessage.
And tell me its working great on your iphone 5 running ios 9.0.1 ?
Don't have an iPhone 5 anymore to make an extensive test, but I had the opportunity to briefly check my former iPhone 5 (sold to a colleague) with iOS 9.0.1 and it was ok for me (browsing, email, messages...).
Don't know about specific applications like car connection...

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I'm sure you forgot your sarcasm tag! ;) But, if you did not, then, you do realize that newer OS means more stuff going on and that older hardware cannot run them as fast as the newer hardware, right? If Apple were to keep releasing OS that ran as fast on the older hardware then we might as well just stick to the first version of iOS.

Think of it this way. Say there are three versions of a car out there: 200HP, 300HP, and 400HP. No matter how you tweak the ECU, a 200HP car won't perform the same as 400HP even if the ECU is running the same software.
Windows 10 runs as fast as Windows 7, comes down to proper coding.

Additionally, this release was specifically designed to run faster than iOS 8 and doesn't. Normally I would agree with you, but not on an OS release designed to improve performance and efficiency.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
So third iOS update in two weeks... Really shows how crappy Apple's software division has become.. They have so much money, but can't even ship a properly tested software product. And here I'm not even talking about Maps or Music. Because these two are so crappy that I won't even use it. Even Spotify's FIRST VERSION were better than Apple Music. Music loaded fast, I could easily search for the tracks I wanted, and the results came promptly. Then Apple ships Apple Music, and you can't even add a song to a bloody playlist because of a bug!

It just drives me mad so see how Apple sh*** on the software division.

I reported a bug on the first iOS 9 beta, where Settings app where scrolled down when opening it (so it cut off the top on Airplane Mode). It wasn't even fixed in 9.0.1. So I look forward to seeing if it's fixed in 9.0.2. And a bug I reported in 8.2 beta wasn't even fixed in 9.0!

And I won't be upgrading to El Capitan until 10.11.3.
Doesn't fix the settings bug that has been there since 9.0 beta 1.. Sigh..

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Windows 10 runs as fast as Windows 7, comes down to proper coding.

Additionally, this release was specifically designed to run faster than iOS 8 and doesn't. Normally I would agree with you, but not on an OS release designed to improve performance and efficiency.
Maybe for you it doesn't but you're not everyone.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Also doesn't fix the issue where people see a conspiracy behind every experienced software issue.
Both of our sarcasm aside, iOS 9 does run that little bit slower and less responsive than iOS 8.4.1 on 12 month old devices. Hopefully the full .1 release fixes it.

v0lume4

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2012
Will it fix the bug where a grey bar with 0:00 is displayed inside the box where I am trying to send a text message?
This has happened to me!

On another note, yesterday Control Center ceased to appear for me anymore. Had to reboot my phone. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to replicate the problem so I cannot report it to Apple.

manu chao

macrumors 603
Jul 30, 2003
Both of our sarcasm aside, iOS 9 does run that little bit slower and less responsive than iOS 8.4.1 on 12 month old devices. Hopefully the full .1 release fixes it.
I don't notice any difference (on my iPhone 6) but I doubt I would notice either a 10% increase or decrease. My iPad 3 however feels a tad faster but again that might be only my imagination.

proshots4you

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
WIFI CALLING - AT&T
I lost this option recently, anyone else out there as well?
It just stopped working a few days ago, shows turned on but if I try to update the emergency address it comes back with the OOPS error message that they ran into a speed bump or something like that