Apple Releases iOS 9.0.2 With Bug Fixes, Performance Improvements

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
M
Thanks, Apple. I'm loving the frequent updates for stability and performance. Just downloaded on my iPhone 6s Plus and will install when I get to work in a few. My battery is below 50% finally. So it won't install, lol.

Love this thing.
ine was 25% and installed

ginkobiloba

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
Paris
Ok, this new update seems to have fixed the bug of not being able to turn on cellular data for apps that were previously deactivated ( iphone 6), as it was introduced by 9.0.1. Back to business...
Hopefully this update won't break something else.

NMBob

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Looks like this reset the amount of cellular usage bytes value. Not a biggie. I was having random freeze-ups when turning the phone on and off with iOS9 (iPad Air (G1)). It's not doing it now.

I'm using the cellular (1GB) data plan A LOT MORE than I used to since installing Peace. I don't know if I'll be able to use it all up this month, since I'm using SO MUCH less data just surfing around in Safari. ...and I've actually started reading articles, instead of just scanning the headlines. It's wild.

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
66.6MB :eek: please fix the lag on the 6+

Update: Seems to be a tad quicker, but still nothing like 8.4.1

Last edited:

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Let's not make this all about lag fed up of seeing it all time on every post. Pretty sure there is specific post for lag you can go and write about it on there!

DJ Bobby D

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
After update iOS 9.0.2 again I can not activate my iMessages, iPhone 5?
"Resolves an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users"

Killchain

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
Albuquerque,NM
Started at 1109 am MDT, Completed 1121 am MDT, I'll just say about performance, let me put it this way "its less laggy" the apps open alot better.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Does this fix some of the Apple Music bugs? Right now I can't play anything over cellular and a number of my songs in playlists are grayed out. I didn't have this problem last week.

If Spotify had an Watch app and could sync playlists to the device I'd drop Apple Music in a heartbeat.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
So third iOS update in two weeks... Really shows how crappy Apple's software division has become.. They have so much money, but can't even ship a properly tested software product. And here I'm not even talking about Maps or Music. Because these two are so crappy that I won't even use it. Even Spotify's FIRST VERSION were better than Apple Music. Music loaded fast, I could easily search for the tracks I wanted, and the results came promptly. Then Apple ships Apple Music, and you can't even add a song to a bloody playlist because of a bug!

It just drives me mad so see how Apple sh*** on the software division.

I reported a bug on the first iOS 9 beta, where Settings app where scrolled down when opening it (so it cut off the top on Airplane Mode). It wasn't even fixed in 9.0.1. So I look forward to seeing if it's fixed in 9.0.2. And a bug I reported in 8.2 beta wasn't even fixed in 9.0!

And I won't be upgrading to El Capitan until 10.11.3.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
What the hell is wrong with Apple's CDN? I'm getting sub-megabit speeds downloading, both from the phone itself trying to do OTA and from developer.apple.com trying to get the IPSW.

I was noticing it taking eons to update the Starbucks app earlier too. It's been like this for a few days now. :(

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
woohoo fixed my apps using cellular data. I had the appstore and a few others turned off on iOS8 because i had limited data and didn't want it downloading in the background, but when I updated to iOS9 no matter what I did to enable it as I now have more data it would go straight back to disabled.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Uhh, maybe this user IS experiencing a lag on their 6plus?
Not saying he's not experiencing that, just saying it's something related to his unit/ software configuration and not something to be addressed by a software upgrade

yzjustdatguy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2013
Atlanta
I really hope this fixes the issues where notifications don't ring or vibrate and where notifications show the wrong time on the lock screen. I'll get a message 30 mins ago and it'll say "2 mins ago"

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Improves what ?
iOS 9 has a serious lag on my iphone 5, try running music app connect to your car tape thru usb lightning
and run google maps for navigation at the same time and then multitask between email and imessage.
And tell me its working great on your iphone 5 running ios 9.0.1 ?

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
What the hell is wrong with Apple's CDN? I'm getting sub-megabit speeds downloading, both from the phone itself trying to do OTA and from developer.apple.com trying to get the IPSW.

I was noticing it taking eons to update the Starbucks app earlier too. It's been like this for a few days now. :(
Hmm...I had zero problems. Software downloaded and updated in less than 10 minutes.