MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

isimon1207

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
I really hope this fixes most bugs for good. My phone crashes more now with 2.0.1 than when i had 2.0

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Siigh I have a feeling the keyboard lag, crashing and other problems won't be fixed anytime soon, I don't know if it is my phone or just the 2.0 and 2.0.1 firmware in general.

Comment

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Still not available to those of us not blessed by being accepted early. :rolleyes:

Comment

bob122989

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2007
This update is welcome, background notifications cannot come soon enough!

Comment

carousell

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
That's great news. Has it also eliminated the lag in the Contacts app?

Can you be more specific? I haven't noticed any either way though...

EDIT: After playing with it a bit, I noticed the lag as you open up contacts. there's still about a second long pause before you can move it. So comparing it to my 2.0 phone, the lag is still there but there seems to be less of a delay.

Hope that helps.

Comment

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Any thoughts on when this will be made available? Are we talking days/weeks... or months...!!

I tap a name in the contact list, takes about 2-3 seconds to register that I tapped it.

***** annoying.

Comment

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
I've found that when I launch the app, it either takes 2-3 seconds to actually show the list of my contacts or shows the list but is unresponsive for 2-3 seconds. Interestingly, this lag is not present if I access my contacts list from the Phone app.

Comment

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Siigh I have a feeling the keyboard lag, crashing and other problems won't be fixed anytime soon, I don't know if it is my phone or just the 2.0 and 2.0.1 firmware in general.
not your iphone...it's across the board...hopefully the new firmware will fix the bugs

Comment

carousell

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
I tap a name in the contact list, takes about 2-3 seconds to register that I tapped it.

***** annoying.

Mostly fixed. Playing with it just now, I'm seeing about a .25 second pause. Not quite instant but still not bad.

I've found that when I launch the app, it either takes 2-3 seconds to actually show the list of my contacts or shows the list but is unresponsive for 2-3 seconds. Interestingly, this lag is not present if I access my contacts list from the Phone app.

Like I said, delay is reduced to about 1 second.

These two observation are from playing around with it for a bit, not from testing over a few weeks. Not sure if these bugs/delays kick in randomly or are constant.

Comment

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
These two observation are from playing around with it for a bit, not from testing over a few weeks. Not sure if these bugs/delays kick in randomly or are constant.

Thanks for letting us know! I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007

I didn't realise people actually USED the contacts app! Why bother having an icon for it when you can just click on the Phone button?

Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I too hope Apple has learned its lesson from shipping code too early and the public shame that comes from their low quality (of late.)

I hope 2.1 brings notifications, but more importantly, I hope it stabilizes the iPhone and makes it a useful device again. 2.1 bricked my phone, and the replacement is still pretty buggy.

Quality, Apple, quality.

Comment

papiti

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Puerto Rico
Yup, lets hope they fix the issue with dropped calls and less reception bars, ITS ANOYING!!! And the lag time with the contacts, SUCKS!!!:mad:

Comment

jayducharme

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I didn't realise people actually USED the contacts app! Why bother having an icon for it when you can just click on the Phone button?

I've wondered this too. I thought maybe there was something different about the "full" contacts app compared with the one in the Phone app, but they seem to be identical. Maybe Apple simply standardized the interfaces to be more like the Touch. :confused:

Comment

xix

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008

EDIT: After playing with it a bit, I noticed the lag as you open up contacts. there's still about a second long pause before you can move it. So comparing it to my 2.0 phone, the lag is still there but there seems to be less of a delay.

Hope that helps.

Great job breaking NDA. You're really awesome.

When is the data for background notifications?

September or August?

September.

Comment

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Great job breaking NDA. You're really awesome.
Agreed! I think it's awesome that we can get a little information about upcoming products/software. I don't know about you, but that's a large part of the reason I started visiting this site on a daily basis (at least originally) ... Of course, if you don't like people violating NDAs and dispensing information freely, you probably shouldn't bother coming to a site called macrumors.com ... ;)

Comment

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
This better fix for good my iPhone having to be restored ON A DAILY BASIS.

If it doesn't then I'm going to go on a rampage through Cupertino until I find the man who makes my iPhone die every day and force him to fix it!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.