MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released iPhone OS 3.1.2, addressing several issues regarding waking from sleep, network service disruption, and crashing during video streaming. iPhone users should connect their iPhones to iTunes and click the "Check for Update" button to obtain the new version.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:

- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
The update is compatible with all iPhone models and weighs in at approximately 240 MB. Apple introduced iPhone OS 3.1 almost exactly one month ago, bringing a number of new features including Genius recommendation for applications, Genius Mixes for music and purchasing of pre-cut ringtones.

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1.2

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
"Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart"

My problem, exactly.

Comment

MalibuMatt98

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
What about the battery life issues with 3.1?? Isn't there some type of fix for that or is not an issue?

Comment

Veri

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Still no wireless syncing? Why on earth does Apple force you to connect physically by USB?

Comment

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
I'll stick with 3.0.1 until AT&T offers official tethering support, thankyouverymuch.

And no, I'm not holding my breath...

Comment

ltcol266845

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2006
Elgin, IL
- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart

Wow, and I thought it was just me. I have had these problems several times a day. I had nearly resorted to throwing my phone at a wall.

Comment

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
My update was 306MB and after installing I had a carrier update (I had already installed the MMS carrier update from last month).

Carrier is 5.6.

Comment

DotComCTO

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
Was there a carrier update file as well? I'm currently on 3.1 with the official MMS carrier file; however, when I connected my 3GS to the Mac, it reported a new carrier file update as well. Anyone else see that? Anyone know what was changed/addressed?

--DotComCTO

Comment

Goldfrapp

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
US&A
Yeah, I hope it fixes the infamous battery issue. Right now, my iPhone is almost unusable. :mad:

Comment

f00f

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2009
New Yawk
Hope this fixes Coma Mode on the 3G.

Pretty sure this one of the major points of this update. :D "Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep" sounds like it anyway!

241.7MB download for my 3G.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 33,341
Comment

agbot

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Silicon Valley
One unpublished change I'm sure that made it in just for me :)

Code:
if(IsRunningOnAgbotsiPhone3G())
   MakeOSATinyBitSlowerSoHeWillUpgradeSoonerRatherThanLater();

Comment

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
What about TV Episodes?

This update better fix the way TV Shows get sync'ed. They were under the seaons in order. Now they are just thrown any which way.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.