Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

143506-iphoto_11_events.jpg

Apple today released iPhoto 9.1, an update to the iPhoto application included in the company's new iLife '11 suite. The update restores support for the photo calendars that had gone missing in the initial iPhoto '11 release, and also fixes several other bugs and introduces new holiday-themed letterpress card options.
This update adds several new print product options to iPhoto '11. It also improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues.

- Provides the ability to create and order calendars in iPhoto.
- Additional letterpress holiday greeting card themes are now available.
- Fixes an issue that prevented videos downloaded from MobileMe or Flickr from importing correctly into iPhoto events.
- The update is recommended for all users of iPhoto '11.
The update is the second to be released for iPhoto '11 since its debut just over two weeks ago, as the company quickly pushed out iPhoto 9.0.1 late last week to address issues with data loss when upgrading from iPhoto '09 to iPhoto '11.

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1 With Support for Calendars

lshaner

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
Hah! I was just about to mention that this was posted. Glad you guys beat me to it. :)

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Great! Can get them ordered for Christmas now. I wonder if Places and email still sucks.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
wow, let's wait a bit more and we get full screen mode and real email capability back.

Seriously, I have the feeling Apple rushed out iLife just to be able to say it's updated.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Kudos to Apple for being quick to address software issues on the Mac.

It's so nice compared to Apple's "wait a few months" approach with updating, say, Remote on the iPhone.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Manage My Places - Still no option to add a new place
Still no option to email with mail
Full screen is still not full screen.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
*yawn* Who cares?
Obviously you care enough to post in this thread ;)

If you select Info when viewing a photo you can type a place into the places map at the bottom of the right hand side and it creates a new place: Is this what you meant or am I misunderstanding?

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Nice to see that Apple acknowledged the missing calendar feature and brought it back. I still prefer Aperture, but I also have iphoto installed.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK

When you talk about emailing from Mail, do you mean like you used to be able to do?

Just select the photos you want and drop them onto Mail to create a new message with the images present. Easy

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
Fixed load times

Ever since installing iLife 11, load times in Aperture and iPhoto have been measured in minutes. This finally fixed that. The first load of each post update was very slow, but the next launch was nice and fast.

*EDIT* Dang. I guess when I did it before it still had the program/library in cache. I restarted the computer and it takes another 3-4 minutes on first open of iPhoto. Unacceptable. I'm going to have to troubleshoot it this weekend. It was working just fine until I installed iLife 11...

Last edited:

neilw

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2003
New Jersey
Is it "safe" to upgrade now? I'm hot for the new photobook features, but have been holding off until it sounds like the big gotchas have been ironed out. Are there any real critical deficiencies remaining?

7o7munoz7o7

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Bay Area

what do you mean full screen is still not full screen...i must have got a bad copy because everything in my iLife 11 is working 100%....and now with calendars back everything is perfect...i have updated both of my iMacs and a MacBook pro to iLife 11 with no issues what so ever....are you actually having issues...or are you just jumping the bandwagon 2 hate on Apple?

7o7munoz7o7

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Bay Area

and no mail option....have you selected a photo...and clicked share...and then click email.....wait a second...are you on a PC?!?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
what do you mean full screen is still not full screen...i must have got a bad copy because everything in my iLife 11 is working 100%....and now with calendars back everything is perfect...i have updated both of my iMacs and a MacBook pro to iLife 11 with no issues what so ever....are you actually having issues...or are you just jumping the bandwagon 2 hate on Apple?

He means that you can't view pics fullscreen without any UI elements. This is bad. It is also bad that you can't email photos from within the app without applying a crappy theme to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.