Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following last month's iTunes update that included a redesigned Mini-Player and improved songs view, Apple has today released iTunes 11.0.4.

The update fixes a bug that caused iTunes to crash when users switched between wired and wireless syncing and addresses an ongoing issue that caused some users to have to log in to the iTunes store multiple times.

itunes.jpg
This version of iTunes comes with several new features and improvements, including:

New MiniPlayer. MiniPlayer now includes a beautiful new view that showcases your album artwork. In addition, a progress bar is now built right into MiniPlayer.

Improved Songs View. You can now enjoy your album artwork while in Songs view.

Multi-Disc Albums. Albums with multiple discs now appear as a single album.

This update fixes a problem that may cause iTunes to quit if you switch between wired and wireless syncing and addresses an issue that may require you to log into the iTunes Store repeatedly.
The update weighs in at 187.52MB on the Mac, and is available through the Mac App Store, Software Update, and direct from Apple's Software Download Page. A Windows 64 version is also available.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.0.4 with Improved Syncing and iTunes Store Sign-in Fix

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
still not showing the right cover when u got more than one season of a tv show? meh i guess its supposed to be a feature by now or something they simply looked over

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
I don't grasp this new functionality regarding the improved Songs View. Could someone explain?

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
Why take away the album art when in song view in the first place? It was a brain dead decision. Thankfully it's now back. Hope this is not an indication of what to expect with iOS 7!

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
bring back the stoplight for the mini player, and get rid of the idiotic grey box to launch mini player from full screen. Green button worked fine for that.

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
I filed this bug with Apple last week.

Thank you Apple for listening! That bug was a pain! :)

If you filed it last week and it was fixed in this release, they most likely already knew about the bug.

That said, keep on reporting bugs when you find them! :)

kal101

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Album artwork in "Song VIew" was already in 11.0.3.

The update info is OLD.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
Finally (well, I hope since I haven't downloaded this yet)!

It has been frustrating dealing with the multiple iTunes Store sign-in. For a while I thought it was just my computer; glad to see that this was not the case. This bug had been going on for quite a bit on my iMac. It was annoying to say the least. Cannot wait to see it gone.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
So you'd rather wait a few months for a very annoying bug to be fixed? And pay for the privilege?

its only like what $20 bucks? I have been reading the iTunes threads for a while, haven't seen tons of "VERY annoying bugs" yet. they usually release a new OS by July, that's a month away not "months" :D

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
Hey MacRumors,

this is basically the EXACT SAME post as for version 11.0.3.

All the update info is from the last version.

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/1...-11-0-3-with-new-miniplayer-and-improvements/

What is new in 11.0.4.?

Hey kal101,

you must have missed this important bit:
This update fixes a problem that may cause iTunes to quit if you switch between wired and wireless syncing and addresses an issue that may require you to log into the iTunes Store repeatedly.

Some us had to deal with very annoying bug; so this is not the "EXACT SAME post".

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
iCloud and Smart Playlists is still out of wack... com'on Apple!!!

:mad::mad:

kal101

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Well some of us had to log into the Store repeatedly until kingdom come whenever we wanted to buy anything! I for one am thrilled with this update!

So the only thing NEW in this update is the "store login fix"?
Because everything else mentioned was already in the last version, those are not new things.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I'm surprised....

I'm surprised there's no 'must be an update to iTunes because of a new iOS product launch at WWDC' or 'iTunes feels snappier' post yet.... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.