Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.Gallardo

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2017
Spain
Does Safari feel snappier for anyone else?
Yess!
Safari definitively feels faster (perhaps due to cache erasing or similar system cleaning during update).

But I've upgraded Safari & system in Mojave !! (two suplemental updates for Mojave today, also; 1,6 GB).

;) (Sorry, as this comment seems to be in the wrong thread):

wrong thread

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

DeadeyeM

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
I'm just going to wait for the next OS release, hopefully won't be a s*** show like Catalina, but now still happy with Mojave

• Sad

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Does this mean we'll see an iTunes Remote update today (finally)? Thing hasn't worked for months (and hasn't been updated in a year)!

As I type, Remote app has yet to be updated, and the existing version does *not* work with this updated version of Catalina.

EDIT: I was wrong sorry! The Remote app didn't get updated but it does indeed work again. I did have to re-pair it (controlling via Home Share did not seem to work as prior). The Internet Radio stations are still missing, which stinks. And to be honest I still don't like the fact that you can't really control Apple Music on the Mac from the app.

Does anyone know if they fix the sleep issue? With me when I wake up the imac after an hour the imac does a hard cash & reboot

Hoping someone can chime in on this too...

Last edited:
  • Sad

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
Nothing to fix the photos iCloud sync issue.. ? Downloading now, hopefully this has been sorted.

Not for me! I updated my iMac, iPhone, and iPad Pro this morning, then sorted my albums in Photos on my iMac, and a couple of hours later those albums on my iPhone and iPad Pro are still in a different order. With Mojave and iOS 12, they were always in sync. Catalina and iOS 13 broke this, and after several updates, it remains broken.

• Angry

phixer64

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
United Kingdom
Heres how I got Remote to work with Catalina

I just installed the latest update for Catalina... at first the remote app still didn’t work, but I succeeded in getting full functionality: you need to connect the remote app manually and not with home sharing.
to do this: open remote app => tap settings in upper right corner => add iTunes library => in the music app in your Mac: look for the remote app symbol (arrow with your iPhone name) and enter the 4 digits and you are ready to use the remote app...

I deleted the iTunes Remote from my iPhone, reinstalled it, and then added my Music Library manually, NOT Through Home Sharing, add manually
Went into music, click on my iPhone name, and hey presto, enter the four digit code.

I can now access all 40,000 plus songs on my Mac and control them, via my iPhone

n8thegr898

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Is the handoff/continuity issue fixed on a multiuser Mac? I will wait a couple of days I guess..

OMG - I thought I was the only user having this freakin' problem. Has been driving me nuts and have been working with Apple support for a month on the issue. Not only does handoff/continuity break with multiusers on a Mac, but so does the unlock with Apple Watch feature. Really hopeful this all gets fixed with this update.

• Sad

**maestro**

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2018
I just updated to 10.15.2 and as soon as I opened the "Reminders" app, it froze and my CPU and internal fans went crazy! Did a reset and exactly the same thing. Now "Reminders" is rendered useless. BRAVO APPLE! ?

• Sad

PhilipPeake

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
3.5GB download to update a handful of what should be stand-alone applications???
All i do is delete/hide this crap anyway. The only thing of interest is any fix to mail.
The rest can be removed as far as I am concerned.

Bloatware ... Apple sinks lower all the time.

• Sad

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
The last beta was simply a rebuild with updated build number to remove beta from the about box.

The build number for 10.15.2 beta 4 was 19C56a which seems very close to 19C57. But there could still be big differences between builds which have very close build numbers.

• Sad

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
Gah!

On my replacement 16" MBP received yesterday I just did the
- Reformat + Re-install with Catalina 10.5.1

Should I re-do with 10.5.2?
i.e.,
Should I reformat and reinstall with 10.15.2?

I have the hang of it so it’s just some extra time before I proceed...

Or should I just upgrade the laptop from 10.5.1 like a normal human bean would.

• Angry

"EjK"

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Fix for Mac Mini and rx580 white screen of death issue? And hdmi cable issues?

Sadly no..just updated and had to go through my regular hoops to get my LG HDMI 4k screen to work. SMC reset, followed by screen res dumb down to 720p just so it would activate, to resolution change back to 4k (retina mode)...and I'm good. Took me a good few hours to get that routine down so I could use all 3 4k screens after upgrading to Catalina. Screens connected to thunderbolt 3 have no issues.

• Sad

kittonian

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2008
Austin, TX
So I just got a new 16” MacBook Pro and never realized it’s a new update.

Be careful with this one. it started updating and then my Mac just turned off in the middle.
I had to manually turn it on for the update to complete... still waiting for it to do its magic.
Also having some weird blank white screens during the update.

My new one just arrived today (8-core, 64GB, 2TB) and after going through the initial setup, the first thing I did was start the update. So far it's been over 20 minutes after it completed downloading and it still has 3 minutes left. This is the slowest update I've ever experienced, especially on such a powerful new machine.

That being said, the update does warn you that the screen will flash and act strangely, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

• Angry

dspdoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2017
Strange that many people are reporting that 10.15.2 fixed the speaker popping issue while others are saying it still occurs to some degree. I hope it has been totally resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
no joking.
this update makes moving around within the entire operating system very quick.
i have noticed nothing wrong. everything is working well.
since iOS update also came out today, the Mail problem may be fixed...

one point only:
after the 1st boot after checking everything was nominally ok, after startup, the battery showed the wording that it wasn't charging. since the machine is only 1 year old and have never had this problem before, it was definitely software caused problem.
after looking up on the net that after Catalina release 10.15.0 many people had the same problem and most solved it by changing the USB-C port that is being used for charging (on the MacBook Air 2018 there are two USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 ports).
did that and it started to charge.
after it got to about 65% charged i tried changing it back to the 1st port and it reports ok.
so, although i think this latest update is really good and has substantially fixed bugs, it does appear that at least 1 more .point release may be needed to kill almost all the bugs.
but generally pleased with this release.

Last edited:

JLBJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
Column Browser and iTunes Remote are back from the dead! I have really missed those. Thank you Apple!

How are you getting remote to work? I can't find the code input icon on the desktop?!?
[automerge]1576032065[/automerge]
As I type, Remote app has yet to be updated, and the existing version does *not* work with this updated version of Catalina.

EDIT: I was wrong sorry! The Remote app didn't get updated but it does indeed work again. I did have to re-pair it (controlling via Home Share did not seem to work as prior). The Internet Radio stations are still missing, which stinks. And to be honest I still don't like the fact that you can't really control Apple Music on the Mac from the app.

Hoping someone can chime in on this too...

How did you pair the remote app? I can't find where to enter the code?!? Thanks

• Wow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.