Apple Releases macOS Catalina Supplemental Update With Fixes for Installation, iCloud Login, and Game Center Bugs

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Alongside iOS 13.1.3, Apple today also released a supplemental update for macOS Catalina, addressing several bugs from the initial public release version, including a problem with Setup Assistant hanging during Catalina installation.

The macOS Catalina Supplemental Update includes installation and reliability improvements, and is recommended for all users.
?
This update:
- Improves installation reliability of macOS Catalina on Macs with low disk space
- Fixes an issue that prevented Setup Assistant from completing during some installations
- Resolves an issue that prevents accepting iCloud Terms and Conditions when multiple iCloud accounts are logged in
- Improves the reliability of saving Game Center data when playing Apple Arcade games offline
Today's supplemental update comes ahead of macOS 10.15.1, which was seeded as an initial developer beta last Friday.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS Catalina Supplemental Update With Fixes for Installation, iCloud Login, and Game Center Bugs

bernaferrar

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2012
985.4MB update to fix icloud and installation issues. I've been using Catalina and really regret, Mojave was way more stable. Sidecar doesn't work (timeout!), iCloud is buggier than ever and now my computer even awakes randomly (powernap is off!). Worst update in years.

flexiboy1912

macrumors member
May 13, 2016
Running 10.15.1 Beta (19B68f) and thank god it fixed the memory leak in the music app that caused constant crashes for thousands , lets hope they included it in this release for the general public. My music and movies are in a total mess after Catalina.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
985.4MB update to fix icloud and installation issues. I've been using Catalina and really regret, Mojave was way more stable. Sidecar doesn't work (timeout!), iCloud is buggier than ever and now my computer even awakes randomly (powernap is off!). Worst update in years.
What system are you running? Sidecar has been fine for me. Are you sure your Mac and iPad are both compatible?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2008
i have the GM seed that everybody thought was the final and i opted out the beta programme but my software update is not finding this one. Any ideas how to help?

Reactions: scoobdriver

sugargliderdude

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2019
Running 10.15.1 Beta (19B68f) and thank god it fixed the memory leak in the music app that caused constant crashes for thousands , lets hope they included it in this release for the general public. My music and movies are in a total mess after Catalina.
they have released a supplemental update, not 10.15.1 :)